Chapter 20: He Goes Missing

Ruhana's POV

Sushma's behaviour and harsh words pinched my heart. It must have broken Aarav completely, he needs me. I was having a bad feeling, the same feeling I had when he met with the accident.

I looked at Vineet and said "Vineet ghar chalo Aarav akela hai"

Vineet agreed and he convinced Sushma to come home.

On the way back, she said "Vineet.. Agar tumne dusre bache ke baare mein socha hota toh aaj ye din nahi dekhna padta.."

Vineet tried to make her understand "buaji.. Please jo hua usme Aarav ki kya galti hai? Humhe Aarav bahut pyaara hai"

"Acha? Abhi umar kya hai uski? Shaadi tak nahi karega koi usse vansh aage kaise bhadega? Zindagi bhar tu kamyega aur wo bojh bana rahega tujhpe.. Isse acha wo hota hi nahi accident mein hi.." her words triggered my anger

I shouted "bas buaji... ek lafz bhi nahi.. Agar aapne aur kuch bhi kaha na toh abhi aapko station chod aayenge hum"

Sushma was shocked hearing her. My words, shut her mouth for the time being. I looked at Vineet, he eyed me and apologized for her behaviour. I maintained my calm till now because she was elder but there is a limit to everything. She just went beyond that.

He parked the car out of the house and I headed in towards the house. I unlocked the door and entered, I moved to Aarav's room straightly but was surprised to find the room empty.

I shouted "Aarav..." but he didn't give me any response.

I was shocked seeing the mess of the room, my eyes fell on the bloody piece of glass. I panicked, did he attempt to suicide? I sighed, my heart skipped a beat with this.

Sushma entered inside and sat down on the couch. I ran upstairs but he was not on the terrace. I panicked and rushed down.

"Vineet.. Aarav ghar pe nahi hai.." I said in a panicked tone.

"What??" he uttered, he started to search for him but failed to find him

"What??" he uttered, he started to search for him but failed to find him. I said "phone karo usko plz.. Room mein khoon hai usne shayad"

His eyes became wide hearing me. He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed Aarav's number. His phone was connected to the watch, it was ringing but he wasn't picking up the call.