Chapter 5: His EyeSight

Aarav was shifted to ICU, he was out of danger but yet kept under observation till he gained consciousness.

RuVi (Ruhana and Vineet) entered the ICU and glanced at their son who was lying down on the hospital bed with life equipment attached to his body. The only sound heard inside the room was the beeping sound from the heartbeat machine which was monitoring his heartbeat consistently. 

A drip was attached to his left hand, with blood transferred inside his body

A drip was attached to his left hand, with blood transferred inside his body. No parent can see their son in this state. He just escaped from the dead, it was all their prayers and love which saved his life. 

Ruhana sat down beside him on the stool which was kept on the right side of the bed. There was a bandage on his head, tears slipped down her eyes. 

Vineet looked at her and said "he is fine Ruu.. dekhna abhi uthega aur mujhse ladega.. Phir tum humhe statue karna hmm.." 

She smiled lightly.. 

The doctor had said he would gain consciousness after 6 to 8 hours. Vineet said "Ruu.. ghar jaake so jao main hun yahan" 

"Nahi main nahi jaa rahi hun.. Tum jao" she replied as she wanted to stay with him till he gains consciousness and talks to her. 

"Tum dono ko chodke nahi jaane waala hun main.." Vineet replied. He sat down on the couch staring at both of them. 

Ruhana had slept while keeping her head on Aarav's hand while Vineet had slept on the couch itself in a sitting position. 

Around 6 hours later, Ruhana felt a moment in Aarav. She opened her eyes with his hand movement. A smile appeared on her face, she got hold of his hand and called him in a soft tone "Aarav..." 

Vineet woke up with her voice, he rushed closer to Aarav. Aarav slightly opened his eyes, but closed them back again as there was complete darkness in front of him. 

He smiled and said in a frail voice "maa.." 

He tried to sit up, but his body didn't give him permission. Vineet scolded him "Aarav.. Kya jaldi hai... lete raho"

Aarav opened his eyes, there was still darkness around him. He was not able to understand, maybe it was due to the accident. 

He just smiled and said "I am fine maa"