1: Fia's New Home

I'm writing here now to say this story is officially complete! 💞 make sure you vote and comment! Thank you loves!! Enjoyyy

-xx siobhan

FIA (Fee-ah)

FIA (Fee-ah)

Fia O' Donnell stared out her Aunt and Uncle's car window. She glared at this new city. Her new home.

She hated it.

It was beautiful, none the less, but she just missed her old life. Her parents. Her school. Her friends.

It was all gone.

"Ach, love. You're going to love it here. It's much safer than old Belfast. It's gonna be okay, Fia." Her Aunt spoke up when she noticed a tear slipping out of her niece's eye.

Her Aunt Ella was a wonderful person who was trying her very best to accommodate Fia. Her Husband's sister, Nora, was so special to her, and she was trying her hardest now to continue her legacy. Fia's Uncle Sean was a lovely man as well, who loved and missed his sister and her husband with his whole heart, and loved Fia just as much.

"I know, Aunt Ella. I just miss them." Fia sighed, fiddling with her charm bracelet. It was her moms. The cranberries blasted on the radio, calming Fia slightly.

Her parents had been killed in a bombing in Belfast a few months prior. She was, well, officially an orphan. Her Aunt and Uncle, of course, welcomed her with open arms, but it wasn't the same.

Fia was good at hiding her feelings. Every time she thought of her parents she wanted to scream. She wanted to cry.

But she held it in. Bottled it up and kept them back. If she talked about it, that bottle would break.

"Here we are, love." Her Uncle Sean spoke up from the passenger seat. They pulled up to a lovely, humble street. Rows of beige houses attached to each other, much like many streets in Derry. Flower pots hung out side, and it was so colourful. It was so much cleaner than Belfast, which a lot of the time, houses were splattered with graffiti.

Her uncle grabbed her bags for her, and Fia followed them into the little house. It was lovely inside.

"Your room is upstairs. Follow your Uncle, Fi, and you can unpack your things. Feel free to make it up however you'd like it to." Her Aunt Ella said. "I'll put the kettle on."

Fia followed Uncle Sean upstairs. The room was tiny, with a small single bed, a wooden dresser, side table, mirror, and a closet.

"I'll leave you to unpack, Fifi." He said, kissing her forehead. He turned and left, leaving her sitting on the bed.

Guess I'll start to unpack, she thought, unzipping her suitcase.

What else was there to do?