22: News on Christmas

Hello everyone! I hope you all have a fantastic day! As usual, remember to comment and vote! I love hearing what you have to say! Regardless, happy Wednesday:

Ps this gif below has nothing to do with the chapter I just laugh at this everyday so I thought I'd add it in
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ps this gif below has nothing to do with the chapter I just laugh at this everyday so I thought I'd add it in•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

FIA
Fia had a couple hours of sleep before she awoke at 7:00 in the morning. She heard her Aunt and Uncle downstairs, so she quickly freshened up in the washroom before greeting them in the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas, Fia!" Her uncle said, giving her a hug.

"Merry Christmas." Fia smiled.

"How did you sleep, sweetheart?" Ella said, taking the kettle off the stove.

Fia fiddled with her mum's charm bracelet on her wrist. "Actually, I slept okay."

Ella and Sean's faces lit up in surprise.

"That's amazing, Fia. Are you excited for today? Let me pour my tea and we can sit on the couch in the living room."

Ella poured herself a cup of tea, and Sean and Fia followed her into the living room, where the Christmas tree had a few presents underneath.

"Looks like jolly old St. Nick was here." Sean laughed.

"Wow! So many presents." Fia was beaming. Her mum and dad had always only gotten her one present each year, which Fia was more than happy with. It was mostly the food and company she enjoyed anyways.

"Aye, here. I'll grab the camera. You go ahead and open up all the ones with your name on it, okay?" Ella said, flipping open the video camera.

"Okay." Fia smiled, getting on her knees beside her uncle. She felt like she was a twelve year old again.

"Actually, here. I want you to open this one first. It's your main gift." Ella said, handing her a box wrapped with red paper.

"Okay." Fia smiled softly, a bit uneasy that she had so much attention placed on her at once.

She unwrapped the paper, revealing a box underneath. Flipping the flaps, her breath caught in her throat.

A picture... she'd had been yearning to have forever.

"Your uncle and I took a trip to Belfast while you were sleeping over at James and Michelle's." Ella said, watching her niece's eyes full with tears.

It was a picture that sat on her mantle for her entire childhood of her mum and dad on their wedding day. Fia had remembered always staring at it, admiring how beautiful her mum looked, and how happy her dad was.

"Where... where did you find it?" Fia said, brushing her fingers over the dusty frame.

"Your parents things were moved into a storage facility that we now own." Sean said. "When you're feeling up to it, we can take a trip to Belfast and look through it all."