18: Linger

Not really anything to say here, so here is chapter 18! Hope you guys enjoy!! I'm hoping to have about thirty chapters in this book, more or less.

Have a fantastic weekend!!xoxo- siobhan

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••FIA

FIA

Finally returning to school, Fia was excited to get back to her so called 'normal life'.

But on that Friday, there was the bomb drill that sister Michael had warned her about.

Fia had worked up the courage the past few days for this. James invited her over for dinner on Thursday and together, they planned what was going to happen.

Apparently it was supposed to happen during their history class, so at least they would be together, which was good.

So when Friday came around, Fia stuck to James the entire history class. She constantly looked at the clock, anxiety filling her chest, awaiting for the alarm to go off.

"Relax, Fi. It's going to be fine."

James saw her excessive fidgeting and biting her nails, which was something she did when she was worried.

"Alright class. We're going to talk about the Irish Civil War. It's a very important part of Ireland's history. Take out your textbooks and flip to page 340."

Fia shakily grabbed her textbook.

"Who would like to read the first passage?"

Jenny Joyce's , of course, hand shot straight up into the air. "I will."

As Jenny began to read, Fia couldn't focus on the words that were flowing annoyingly out of her mouth. All she could think about was when that damn bell was going to go off.

And it did, eventually.

The alarm blared. And James knew that one thing she feared more than hospitals was loud noises. Understandably, of course, because of the bomb.

Fia jumped in her seat. James reached across their shared table and squeezed her hand.

"Alright class. Looks like we're having a bomb drill. Follow me out these emergency exit. Two by two. Jenny, can you take the clip board, please?"

The teacher lead the class out, followed by Jenny. Fia and James were the last ones out.

Fia's heart was beating furiously. She was trying to regain normal breathing from the noise, which still blared in her ears.

Breathe, it's just a drill, she thought. James took her hand and squeezed it gently.

They all walked out to the tennis courts of the school and met up with the other students. It was pouring rain, so they threw their blazers on over their heads to shield themselves from the rain.