25: Heart Attack

Hey guys! I have another chapter for you all... sorry for the cliffhanger :). I hope you've had a good Tuesday! Another chapter should be up by Friday.

Remember to comment and vote, let me know what you think!! This story is almost done 💖

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

JAMES

Seeing the highway signs, James was having a heart attack.

"Mum! Where are we going?"

"I told you, James. It's a surprise. I promise you'll like it though, love. It's an amazing restaurant."

"Mum? What city? You need to tell me right now!"

Fia was in the back, panicking at James' change of demeanour. She knew something was going on. James rarely raised his voice, and often was able to contain his panic, unlike her.

So if James was panicking, Fia knew there was something seriously wrong.

"James, love! Relax. Last time I was in Belfast, my cousin took me to this lovely restaurant and I thought we should go there-"

"B-Belfast?"

Fia's heart dropped, and she stared at James, as he turned around from the passenger seat.

"What's the matter, love?" Cathy said, completely clueless to Fia's shaking voice, tears threatening to fall in fear. She looked as if she were about to be sick.

"Mum, stop." James said.

"What?"

"Mum! Stop the car please."

Cathy slowly slammed on the breaks in the middle of the country road.

"Okay, can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with you two?" Cathy said, but when she turned her head, James and Fia were opening the door of the car.

"James. I can't go to Belfast. There's no way." She said, meeting him at the edge of the road, looking into a field of sheep.

"I know, Fia. It's okay." James grabbed her shoulders, trying to get her to calm down.

"Well- I don't want your mum to think I'm a nut case!"

"Fia, relax. She won't. We just need to tell her what's going on. She's probably extremely confused."

"James, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm such a wimp."

James reached out and wiped her tears before her mascara started to run down her cheeks.

"Okay, you two. I need an explanation."

Cathy marched over to the couple, and when the only response was the distant bleating of the sheep, she raised her voice.