5: Study Date

Before we start- Do you guys want long chapters (how they have been-> 3,000-5,000 words) or shorter chapters (1,000 words) let me know!
ps- the picture at the top is Fia's finished room. The picture below is the sweater mentioned in the story.
xxx-siobhan
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

xxx-siobhan •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

JAMES

He couldn't stop staring at her. Fia was only taking notes, but James was so intrigued.

She'd look up a couple of times during the lesson and smile at him, and he'd quickly look away, only to catch himself watching her again.

But the studying wasn't so much of 'I cannot believe how beautiful this girl is'- I mean, a good chunk of it was, but, mostly he was wondering, what was going on inside her head?

He'd felt abandonment before. But he didn't have a close connection with his mother, and when James asked his Auntie Deirdre that night he first met Fia, Deirdre couldn't help but say positive things about Fia's mother, Nora. Deirdre was always talking bad about others, but she could find anything bad to say about Fia's mammy and daddy. That must've been where she got her sweetness from.

"Are ye gonna pay attention, James?"

James shook his head. "Sorry."

Fia chuckled softly. "I know it's boring, but I'm not sure I'm much more interesting than this lecture." She said, facing the blackboard once again.

James laughed at her. Oh, you'd be surprised.

Soon, the bell rang.

"Now where to? And please, don't abandon me like Michelle did." Fia said, collecting her books. Her soft smile made James' heart gleam.

"We eat our lunch in a special spot. In the foyer. No one else bothers us there. Come on, follow me." James said, and Fia smiled.

The hallways were packed with girls heading to different places. The younger classes were just coming from lunch, so they were off to class, and the older classes were scattering across the school to find a place for lunch. Fia found herself grabbing onto James so she wouldn't get split from him.

James lead Fia to a bench in the foyer. Clare and Orla were already there, and Erin was running up to meet them as well.

"You haven't seen Michelle, have you? I'm ready to tear a strip off of her." James said.

"When aren't ye, Jamesy?" Orla exclaimed, licking her apple.

"What did she do now?" Erin asked. Fia sat down beside her, avoiding everyone's gaze.