30: We'll Always Be Derry Girls

Hey guys ! Last Chapter! It's very short, as it's only one scene. 💞

:( ! I just wanted to say thank you so much to my regular readers and commenters. You guys made me enjoy writing this book even more, and kept me extremely motivated, so thank you so much!

I hope you enjoy this last chapter, let me know what you thought of this book, it would greatly make my day.

-xx siobhan
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-xx siobhan•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

JAMES

"You're sure you have everything?" James said to his cousin, who just rolled her eyes.

"I'm not a wain." Michelle spat. Clare on the other side of her, just chuckled. Both girls had their bus ticket in hand, and suitcase in the other.

"Oh, I can't believe you're moving to Belfast." Orla whined, engulfing Clare in a hug, who just chuckled and took the impact. She then hugged Michelle, who would normally move away from any type of hug, but wrapped the girl in a hug so tight.

"It's only...what? An hour away? We'll be back on the weekends."

Erin laughed. "Still. It's going to be so weird that all six of us aren't living in the same city anymore. I'm gonna miss you guys." She went to hug the two of them, biting her lip to stop her from crying.

James was next, then Fia.

"You two. I'm not going to be here to make sure there's no funny business. I'm too young to be an auntie." Michelle said, moving her finger between the couple, who's hands were interlocked. "Erin, Orla- keep an eye on them."

"Yes, ma'am." Orla saluted, earning her a chuckle from the group.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys." Clare said, tearing up. She had already cried before saying goodbye to her parents, and was really trying hard to keep it in. It wasn't working.

"Oh, Clary. We'll miss you too." Fia hugged her again, and was joined by James, then Orla, and soon enough, they were all in one massive group hug at the Ulster Bus Station.

"Guys." Clare whined underneath them all. "No matter where Michelle and I are, we promise."

"Promise what?" Erin said, leaning back a bit to see all her friends.

"That we'll always, always, ALWAYS be Derry girls."

"Yes!" Fia cheered softly.

"Amen to that."

"Oh, boke." Michelle rolled her eyes, but one could say she had slight tears glossing over hers as well.

"I love you guys." Clare and Michelle said, parting away from their friends.

"Last call for passengers to bus 293 from Londonderry to Belfast, please." The bus driver said, and that was their call for them to leave, and their friends waved, teary eyed to their friends.

"I'm really gonna miss them." Fia mumbled, earning a squeeze of her hand from James as the bus pulled from the station.

"Aye. Me too." Erin said, waving, even after the bus was on the road.

"It's okay. We'll see them on the weekends, and on holidays, and on Christmas. It's not like they're moving to Australia or something."

"Aye, that's true." James said. The four of them turned around and began to slowly walk to James' car.

"Maybe we could...visit them onetime?" Fia said, earning a look of surprise from her friends.

"Are you sure? Like...you are aware that their dorm is in downtown Belfast, Fi." Erin said slightly bluntly, causing a smack from James in the arm.

"No, I know. But I think in the future. I'm starting to get better, you guys all know this. Maybe one day I'll be able to go to Belfast without panicking."

They nodded, not really knowing what to say. James put his arm around his girlfriend.

"I can't believe summer is almost over." He said, drawing her close. Erin leant up against the car, looking at the skyline. The guildhall was poking through the trees, and the sun was starting to lower.

"Aye. I know." Orla said. "Seems like this year went by so fast."

"I agree to that, Orla." Erin said. "It was a good year, none the less."

Fia looked at her boyfriend, who placed a kiss on her forehead. "Aye, it was. It was a very good year. I do love being a Derry girl."

"I love that you're a Derry girl as well."

"Me too."

"Aye."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
GUYS! ITS DONE!!

Wow!! And it took me less than three months! It was such an amazing story to write.

If you're interested in a sequel, and I get enough comments, I'd be very happy to write one, but I won't do it unless you're interested!

This was also my first book on wattpad! I am on Ao3 as well, and I'm also posting a series of one shots right now on wattpad (and on ao3) if you want to have a read.

Regardless, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for more stories from me!

-xxx siobhan

Date posted: 13/April/2021

Total Word Count: 828