15: Differently the Same

We've had a huge snowstorm here in Canada, which means no school! I've had plenty of time to write, so here is chapter 15.

I am so glad I've developed a regular audience! Let me know what you think! As always, I'm always open to suggestions in my PM! -siobhan 💖
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I am so glad I've developed a regular audience! Let me know what you think! As always, I'm always open to suggestions in my PM! -siobhan 💖•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
JAMES

He was unable to fall back asleep. James felt it was necessary to stay and watch over his sleeping girlfriend to make sure there were no more night terrors. He watched Fia's contorted face as she slept. She looked far from peaceful, yet he held her in his arms for about an hour.

James needed to get up and stretch his legs. He was feeling dehydrated, so he slowly crept down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Everything alright, aye?"

Ella was reading a book, perched at the table.

"Yeah. She's finally sleeping. She looks uneasy though, Ella. Tell me, why were you so unfathomed by her screams?"

Ella sighed, urging him to take a seat beside her at the kitchen table.

"You know that Fia has been through so much. She has the right to those screams, those night terrors. The police told me Sean's sister and her husband were not in good condition when they died. Burnt, mangled. Fia has to see that every night in her dreams. She sees it every night. I don't think a night has gone by since the explosion that she hasn't had a peaceful sleep.״

"Every night?"

"Aye. She's either quiet and gets little sleep, or, she finally falls asleep and is plagued haunting dreams. It's a lose-lose situation for her."

James signed, placing his head in his hands. He wanted to cry. "I can't believe it."

"Aye. But it happens so often. When Sean and I went to stay with her in the Belfast hospital, they had to restrain her."

"How long was she there for?"

"A couple months. She had to get a few surgeries- skin graphs on her stomach, stitches. She lost quite a bit of blood. But none of those wounds will compare to the ones she has in her mind."

James sighed, tears welling up in his eyes. "It's not fair."

"I know, son. I know."

"Have you ever tried to talk her into to talking to someone about her trauma?"

"Aye. She won't do it. She won't even talk to us about it- that's why I am so glad she trusts you. She needs to talk to someone."

James signed. "I had to encourage her to tell me what her dream was about. She wouldn't do it on her own."