Chapter 3

It's my first full day back in Ocean City and I'm ready to start classes so that I can be done and get the hell out of this town. It's not that I don't like it here, but too many memories.

I drive to the community college's campus, I could have probably walked as it is a 15 minute walk, but I decided to be lazy and just drive 5 minutes down the road.

The campus is quaint but overall cute with the trees and flowers they planted. You can also see the ocean from the campus which is amazing.

I enter the office to meet with my counselor to go over my schedule. Her name is Ms. Smith.

"Hello Rebecca, how are you" she says.

"I'm good, you can just call me Becca."

"Ok, well Becca I was looking over your schedule and it looks like a great start to get a business degree. May I ask why you chose that degree?" She Inquires.

"To be honest, I have no idea what I want to do and I thought this would be a good major that I could get a job from."

"Well a business degree does give you a lot of opportunities. However, I encourage you to take this time in college to branch out and explore all avenues to find something you are passionate about." She declares.

"Hmm, I never really thought about that. I will try."

"Well Becca, your first class starts tomorrow at 9am, good luck. Reach out if you need anything." She says with a smile.

"Thank you." I get up from my seat and head back into the main office of the building.

I carry all the papers Ms. Smith gave me and struggle to keep them from falling. I have to sign the clipboard to sign out before leaving. I quickly sign it and back peddle to reach the door out. As I back peddle I collide with someone and the papers fly out of my hands.

I quickly turn around and "I'm so sorry!" Squeaks out of my mouth.

Then my eyes connect with the person I ran into. I have to look upwards as the boy is tall, maybe 6 foot 2. Those green murky eyes that I once stared into daily. I go speechless as I stand in front of Harry.

He looks puzzled. "Becks?" He questions.

Goosebumps arise on my skin as no one has ever called me that other than Harry. I don't know how to react, am I happy, am I confused, am I angry? Well I guess seeing him last night was not a hallucination.

Before I know what to say I blurt out, "people call me Becca now."

He looks at me and I can see his thoughts churning. "Oh ok." He mumbles.

He seems just as uncomfortable as me.

I quickly bend down and gather all the papers up and as I stand I see him still unmoving. "Well Bye." I say quickly and head for the door. I get out the door and am headed down the front stairs. As I swiftly walk down the path passing trees I hear my old nickname called again.

"Becks, wait!" He says.

I slow down but I don't turn around.

He approaches and is now beside me.

"What do you want?" I say in my not so friendly tone.

"Uh, you forgot this paper...." he says handing me one of the papers that fell.

"Oh shit, thanks" I blush as I feel stupid for thinking he would be running after me for any other reason.

"You're welcome." He says with a smile.

Those dimples get me every time. I want to hate him but it's hard.

"Well, I'm gonna go." I say.

"It was good to see you Becks" he says.

All of a sudden like a switch my anger bubbles up.

"I wish I could say the same." I retort. Then with his face looking puzzled and fast walk back to my car.

I get in my car and hurry back home. I walk down to the beach and pace back & forth. How could he think he could just act normal with me after what he did. He ruined my life and he acts like it's nothing.

I hope I never see him again! Although, it may be hard seeing that he goes to my college.