Chapter 11

I entered the ballroom arm in arm with Missy. Our mouths both dropped at the sight of the room. It was beautiful. Large white pillars supported the room with cathedral ceilings. I felt like I was in a castle.

We surveyed the room. Missy said she saw her cousin and was going to go say hi. I decided to hang back and continue to look around the room.

I then spotted Steph and Louis chatting away. Steph had on a lime green dress and Louis was wearing a white tuxedo. Both dressed to express themselves. I loved it. I also saw a man next to them with his back turned. He wore a grey tuxedo.

I swiftly walked over to them and said hello and gave them both hugs. As I did this the man in the grey tuxedo turned around. That is when I recognized the brown curls. It was Harry. He looked so handsome, I didn't know it was him from behind with how professional he looked.

His eyes met mine and then he scanned up and down my body. I blushed as he surveyed my outfit.

"Wwwhat..hi...Wow Becks....I'm speechless." He said stumbling through his words.

I shyly smiled, "thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

"Thanks." He smiled.

All 4 of us made small talk until I saw my parents waving me over. I left the group to see what my parents wanted.

My parents dragged me into a group of professors from the school. I politely said hello and listen to their small talk about school curriculum. I didn't know how much longer I could act interested. I watched the dance floor as not many people seemed to be dancing.

The song Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest came on, and I took this as my chance to escape.

"I love this song, I'll be back!" I said then turned to rush away before anything could be said.

I am not the greatest dancer, but I sure do love to dance. I decide to get Steph, Louis, and Harry in on the dancing. I sway over to them again and start to move my finger towards me as if I'm calling Harry to the dance floor. He throws his head back in laughter and shakes his head no.

"No way." Harry says.

"Come on please?" I say grabbing his hand. He finally gives in and starts moving to the beat with me towards the dance floor, Louis and Steph following suit.

We make it to the dance floor and start busting out our moves. People are staring, but we don't care. Louis and Steph are doing the wave. Harry and I are shimmying which is making us crack up.  People seem to enjoy our antics and others are moving onto the dance floor.

Harry starts to bring out the old moves like the lawn mower and shopping cart as the song ends. Harry twirls me as the last beats of the song ring out onto the dance floor.

The song immediately flows into a slow song. Wonderlust by Will Post comes on. I am unsure what to do. Harry grabs my hand and bows.

"May I have this dance?" He says.

I giggle, "why yes, you may."

I put my hand in his and a hand on his arm as his arm wraps around my back. The red dress I am wearing is low cut in the back, so his fingertips are grazing my bare skin. Goosebumps form where his fingers touch my skin. We start to sway.

As the song goes on, I want to be closer to him. I remove my hand from his and put both arms on this shoulders with my hands connected behind his neck. With these high heels on, I am actually close to Harry's height, he normally towers over me. His hands come together and rest right above my bottom. I can almost feel his hands move close to the curve of my bottom. The ringlets of his curls brush up against my neck.