Chapter 4

It's my first day of college today. I woke up feeling excited, but nervous. I am curious to see what college brings for me.

I got a call this morning from Luke, Natalie, and Jessica wishing me luck on my first day. It's good to hear from them, they gave me a new sense of confidence.

I decided to try to look nice, at least for the first day. After today it may be sweatpants for the rest of the year.

I put on a Jean skirt and a white blouse. I would say I look cute. I will never be one of those skinny popular girls, but I would say I'm a cute curvy girl. Not everyone's type, but at least I'm Luke's type.

I decide to walk to school so I leave some extra time to make the walk.

After about 15 minutes I make it to the campus and head to the science building where I have my first class which is a gen-Ed. I enter the science lab and see that most seats are already taken. A lot of people must of decided to get here early. I move to the back and take a seat at an empty lab table. I stare at my notebook as other students file in and take seats next to others.

This is always the most awkward time, as you have to wait for someone to choose to sit next to you and if no one does then you look like a loser.

Well, guess I'm a loser as the bell rings and the teacher enters. No one has decided to sit next to me while everyone else has a partner.

"Good morning Class, my name is Professor Jones and I will be your science lab teacher." He states.

"We will be working in partners all semester, so get used to talking to your partner next to you. He then looks up and stares at me.

"Rebecca is it?" He asks.

"Becca." I say.

"Becca, your partner seems to be late, but is in this class and should show up at some point." He states.

Just as I am about to reply I see the door open to the classroom. I let out a big sigh. It can't be...

Of course, with his curls swaying, in comes Harry.

He looks at the Professor, "sorry professor, overslept. Won't happen again." Harry says.

"Better not, now please take your seat." Professor Jones states.

Harry then scans the room for an open seat then locks eyes with me, I see a grin spread across his face. I shudder with disgust.

He heads back to my table and plops his backpack on the table.

The Professor continues to lecture but I am distracted as Harry stares at me.

I turn to him and whisper. "What's your problem?"

"What do you mean?" He says.

"Stop staring at me." I say sternly.

"I can't help it." He says.

I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to the Professor. As soon as the bell rings I immediately stand up and head for the door, not giving Harry a second glance.

I continue to my other classes throughout the day and they all go well. I like my teachers and I met a girl named Missy who seems fun and likes a lot of the same things I do. She loves to read and likes Nicholas sparks movies. We said we would have a movie night sometime.

I saw my dad once today during lunch, thank god I am not taking any of the classes he teaches. That would be really awkward. He leaves at 1pm as his classes are done by then.

It's 3pm and I just got done with class. I head to the entrance of the school and see that it is down pouring.

Great....I walked here. How the hell am I supposed to get home. I also have a white blouse on, I really didn't think this through. I accept my fate and decide to start walking. I am drench by the time I get 1 block from the school with 8 more to go.