Chapter 1

I don't know about you but when you leave your hometown, there's usually a reason for it, and I never thought I would return.

To my surprise, I'm sitting in my car making the agonizing 6.5 hour drive from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to my beach hometown of Ocean City, New Jersey.

My name is Rebecca, my friends call me Becca. I grew up in Ocean City. My life there wasn't all bad, but my last memories there were. I went to school in ocean city up until the summer before Freshman year of high school. My parents then sent me to an all girls boarding school in Pittsburgh. I was ecstatic to go because there was one person I wanted to get away from...Harry Styles.

Harry was one of my best friends in elementary school. We used to hang out and play every day. Up until the summer before 8th grade when one day Harry tried to kiss me, I was in utter shock when he tried and I said Ew and ran away. He told the whole school that we made out and that I had terrible breath. People would call me Onion or Garlic breath. Now that I am a soon to be freshman in College I think about how dumb it was to let those words hurt me so much.

Harry never apologized or confessed to lying. He made fun of me and called me names with the other kids. The sad thing is I did have a huge crush on Harry, I was just scared when he tried to kiss me. We were only 13 years old. If he wouldn't have told anyone we may have ended up dating after I could explain why I acted out and how I really felt.

The bullying endured in 8th grade was too much to handle. I cried on a daily basis and wished to become invisible. I went into a dark place. My parents obviously noticed and decided to send me to the all girls boarding school in Pittsburgh.

I loved it there, I met my two best friends Natalie and Jessica there. We were like the three musketeers. We did everything together and they know all about my past. They helped me to become more confident and happy.

The other great thing about my school is that it was less than a mile from an all boys boarding school. That is where my boyfriend Luke went. Luke is an absolute sweetheart. He's a nerd, but then so am I. We loved to study together and then we would watch mystery movies. Knives out was one of our favorite movies. I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan as well, but Luke isn't into romance, so we stick to the other genres. Luke is the same height as me at 5'7". I know I'm tall. Luke has blonde hair, bleach blonde to be exact while I have dirty blonde hair. We met at the drive inn one night. He was in the little arcade playing pac man before the movie and I asked if I could play with him. I guess you could say I made the first move.

Anyways that's pretty much my life. I guess I should explain why I am returning home. My mom lost her job a few months ago, so my parents had to use my college fund for bills. My dad teaches at the Ocean City New Jersey Community College, which means if I go there I get to go for free. It is the best choice for me especially since I don't know what I want to do with my life. I don't want to waste money when I'm unsure of what career I want to have. I have a little bit of PTSD as I get closer to the town, but it's not like most people I went to school with will still be there anyways. Most will have gone out of state for school. It's a new start for me In my hometown and it's a beach town so what's the worst that could happen.

We'll see how this new journey turns out...