Chapter 5:

I get to class and surprisingly Harry wasn't there. The class goes on and he never shows up. I think he is a coward for not showing, if anything I should have been the one not to show up. However, I am trying to be the bigger person like Natalie said and forgive him.

Guess that will have to happen another day, darn.

Missy and I get lunch together and we talk about boys. I tell her about Luke, she seems to like him without ever even talking to him. She says she is on the prowl for a man which makes me laugh.

I decide to call Luke after lunch as he called me last night, but I was too much of a wreck to answer. I don't want to involve him in any of this Harry drama.

The phone rings.

"Hey Babe!" Luke says happily.

"Hiya!" I reply.

"I miss you! I tried calling yesterday, but your phone went straight to voicemail." He says concerned.

"Oh yeah, it was just an exhausting first day and I went to bed early." I explain. I hate lying, but I can't tell him the truth, things would be complicated.

"Oh okay, so did you have a good first day." He asks.

"Yeah, uneventful, pretty easy." I say.

"Well that's good! Hey babe, sorry to cut this off short but I have a chess club meeting to get to." He says.

"Okay no problem. Talk to you later babe." I say.

"Love you babe. Bye." He says.

I hang up the phone without replying. Luke told me the day I left that he loved me. It was sweet, but I wasn't ready for it. He keeps saying it on the phone now and I don't know how to respond. It isn't that I don't love him, but I am not ready to say it. Plus saying it over the phone isn't the best way to profess love.

Anyways the rest of my day is actually uneventful and I thankfully drove to school today so when it is raining when I get out of class I was relieved to have my own ride home.

I spend the rest of the night at home with my parents binge watching The Office with my parents.

I eventually fall asleep on the couch.

***Next Day***

I wake up to a text from Stephanie. She invited me to a beach party on Saturday which is actually tomorrow. I am unsure if I want to go. I know I need to put effort to make a life for myself here since I will be going to college here for the next 2 to 4 years. I decide to text her back and tell her I will come.

I get ready for class and have extra time since I woke up early. I decide to curl my hair and wear a cute light blue dress.

I drive to school again even though it's sunny, just in case. My first day scarred me a bit.

I get to my first class and surprisingly when I enter the room I see the brown curls in the back of the room. His head is looking down at the paper in front of him.

I approach my seat and see him shift a bit at my presence.

"Hi." I say.

He peaks up at me, "hello." He says timidly.

Before I can say another word the Professor enters the room and starts lecturing. Class goes on without a peep from Harry or I. The Professor tells us to work on the sheet in front of us for homework.

Harry looks at me, "I already finished the sheet for us, so you don't need to worry about it."

"Oh ok." I say.

There are about 2 minutes left in class. Harry stares out the window to avoid me.

"Harry." I say. His attention turns to me and his green eyes are locked on mine.

"Do you think we could talk after class?" I ask. I dread this conversation, but it needs to be had.

"Yeah, okay." He replies.

The bell then rings. We walk out of class together and head to the courtyard.

He sides down on a bench which makes me feel better as he isn't as intimidating while sitting down, he no longer looms over me.

"Harry, I'm sorry about my outburst yesterday. What happened was a long time ago and it's in the past. We are lab partners so I need to forgive you in order for this to work." I say.

"I really am sorry Becks." He mumbles, not making eye contact.

Tears start to well in my eyes but I hold them back.

"It's fine. We just need to concentrate on our new relationship as Lab Partners. Can you do that?" I ask.

"Yeah I guess so." He replies.

"Great, then it's settled. I'm gonna go now." I say, trying to escape the situation.

"Wait Becks, what about a friendship. We can be more than just lab partners, can't we?" He asks.

The questions catches me off guard. I know he won't like my answer.

"I don't think we can Harry." I reply.

"Becks, please let me make it up to you. Please let me be your friend." He pleas.

"I'm sorry but I can't think about that right now." I decide to walk away at this point and luckily he doesn't follow me.

I am trying my best to forgive Harry for the sake of our science lab grade, but forgiving him for real is not as simple.