Chapter 14

As we head to the ball I am tapping my foot anxiously.

Natalie puts her hand on my knee and gives me a reassuring nod.

I give her a smile and see we are approaching the music pier.

This time the lights are white as they shine across the sky. It looks like a movie premier honestly with how everyone is dressed and the red carpet.

The girls and I link arms and head down the red carpet to the entrance. Once we enter inside the room is darker. The theme is Navy and Silver. The darker tones give a mysterious vibe to the ball. It may be harder to find Harry in the dimmer lit room that I thought.

Natalie and Jessica stand with me for a bit as we survey the room. They finally nudge my shoulder and tell me I should start looking for him.

I start to meander around the room, twiddling the infinity necklace between my fingers to try to calm my nerves. I haven't taken it off since Harry gave it to me. I feel like it keeps us connected even though he won't speak to me.

I start to think this is hopeless as I can't find him anywhere, but then I see some brown curls on a man about 20 feet away from me. It has to be Harry. I see a waiter walking around with champagne. I take one off the tray and completely chug it. I need some liquid courage. I then power walk my way over to him and tug on his shoulder to turn him around.

"Harry, we need to talk. You can't ignore me forever." I state.

As the man turns around I see he has a curly mustache and I quickly realize this isn't Harry. He looks at me confused. I quickly apologize and swiftly walk away.

I walk back over to Natalie and Jessica. They see defeat in my eyes. I walked the whole room and no sign of Harry.

"I guess he didn't come. I should just give up." I say sadly.

"Give it some time Becca, the night is young." Jessica says.

We chat for about 30 minutes and have another glass of champagne. When I have just about forgotten about Harry, I hear Steph's laugh. I turn my head and scan for her. I finally spot her in a black dress with white polka dots, I see a man next to her is a black polka dotted suit, I am sure that has to be Louis. He is the only one that could pull that off.

Then I look who they are both laughing towards, the brown curls come into view.

It has to be him, it has to be Harry.

I choke on air as I see him. He looks as handsome as ever. He's in a black tux with a black masquerade mask on.

As I start to move towards them I see a lady approach them and it seems like she is trying to usher them to the dance floor.

The committee went all out for this ball as they even have people dancing old Victorian dances. Not gonna lie, pride and prejudice is one of my favorite movies so this whole scene has me wanting a perfect happy ending. I am unsure I will get one though.

I see Harry, Steph and Louis get in the dance line, so I hurry to get in the line in the hopes to cross paths with Harry.

I get in line and the music starts. The Night We Met by Lord Huron plays. Not exactly a Victorian era song but It'll work haha. I stand across from some random guy and the ladies side all bows. Next the men bow. Then we start the dance. I am twirled and spinner by several men until I finally see Harry out of the corner of my eye. I should be matched with him in another two twirls. What will I say?

Two more twirls and I feel Harry's hand touch mine. I am so nervous that I slip and almost fall. Harry catches me and swings me back up so that I am standing.