Chapter 9

I wake up with a pounding headache and find myself on a beach blanket under an umbrella. I can hear the waves. I sit up and see Louis, Steph, and Harry all down in the water.

They all jog back up to the blanket as they see me sit up.

"Becca, here's some aspirin and water. You better take this, you had a lot to drink earlier." Steph says.

I take it willingly.

"Louis, I am never doing that again." I say.

He smirks, "me either!"

"How long was I put and who cleaned all the throw up off of me?" I ask.

"About 5 hours, I carried you to the beach. & I was on clean up duty." Harry says.

I cover my face in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry Harry!" I say.

"It was no problem." He responds.

"I guess I'm really putting this friendship to the test aren't I?" I laugh.

He seems to cringe at the word friendship.

"Yeah." He gives me a fake laugh.

Louis puts on some music and we all lay there listening to the jams.

After a bit Lou and Steph go back into the water. I lay there tanning in my bikini.

I turn and see Harry staring out into the ocean.

"So how bad was I earlier?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" He questions.

"Nope, not at all." I respond.

"Well, you wanted to fight the waitress." He says laughing.

"Oh my gosh." I say covering my face.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's okay, you shouldn't drink like that though. You were lucky I was there to take care of you. Someone could have easily taken advantage of you" He says.

"I know, thank you again." I respond. I feel a bit embarrassed at my actions even though I don't remember them. I never get drunk, I'm unsure why I let myself drink that much. Maybe it was because I was upset that Harry hadn't shown up to breakfast.

"Do you want to get some ice cream?" Harry asks.

My face lights up as ice cream sounds amazing right now. "Yes Please!" I say.

Harry stands up and reaches his hand out to me. I take it and stand up, still a bit wobbly from the alcohol.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes. "Get on." He says and turns for me to climb onto his back.

With how woozy I still feel I take the free ride and climb on for the piggy back ride.

Harry carries me to the boardwalk. I smell his cologne and sweat mixed together on his tanned skin. It smells heavenly.

We get to the ice cream shop on the boardwalk and he puts me down.

I decide to get peanut butter ripple and Harry gets vanilla.

I go to reach for money out of my pocket but Harry stops me and pulls out his wallet. I thanked him for buying my ice cream.

We decided to sit on the wall that separates the sand from the boardwalk.

"I can't believe you got Vanilla." I say.

"What's wrong with Vanilla?" He asks.

"It's so plain, gotta add a bit of flavor to your life Styles. Peanut butter is where it's at." I respond.

"I don't know about that." He says shaking his head at me.

"Try mine, you won't regret it." I say teasing him.

"Fine." He says. He leans over and swipes his tongue over my ice cream. I watch as the creamy dessert coats his lips. It really was a sight to see.

I stare at his lips as he licks the ice cream off of them.

"You were right, that is the best god damn ice cream I've ever had." He says laughing.

"I told you!" I said shoving his shoulder.

We spent another hour sitting on the wall chatting about life and college classes. Tomorrow was Monday which starts a new week of exams. I didn't want to think about them as I was already stressed, but Harry made me feel calm when talking about it.

Finally Lou and Steph approached us and said it was time to go home. We climbed into Steph's Jeep, Harry sat in the back with me. It was a short 10 minute drive to my house. On the way there one of my favorite songs came on. Closing Time by Semisonic.

Harry liked the song too as he stood up in the back we me and we had our hands waving in the air as we sang. It was so fun, we couldn't stop laughing.

"I know who I want to take me home!" I sang.

"Closing time!" Harry sings.

Louis claps along to the beat of the song.

Harry has a really good singing voice. I don't know why I never knew that.

We finally sit down as we pull up to my house.

Harry jumps out and helps me down since it's a big jump.

He puts his hand on my waist and lowers me down to the ground.

"Thanks Harry." I say as we are only inches apart.

Our eye contact is broken by Steph yelling "Bye Bitch!"

"Bye Steph, Bye Louis, Bye Harry." I say.

Harry nods at me and then climbs back into the Jeep.

I wave one last time as they turn down the street.

It's been a long day. Can't wait to jump into bed and fall asleep.

I pull out my phone before going to bed and see a text from Harry.

Styles: I had a good time today chatting.

Me: Me too. We should do it again soon.

Styles: Definitely :)

Me: I didn't realize you could sing.

Styles: There's a lot you don't know about me ;)

Me: I look forward to finding out more then! & you realize I am now going to make you sing for me all the time.

Styles: Yeah...guess I didn't think that through.

Me: :)

Styles: Goodnight Becks.

Me: Goodnight Styles.