Chapter 6

Today is Saturday and the day of the beach party.

I am nervous but also excited. Stephanie is coming over to help me pick out my outfit.

It's 7pm and the party starts at 8.

I hear a knock on the door and see Stephanie standing outside.

"Hey Steph!" I say happily.

"Hey girl!" She replies.

I show her my room and she is impressed with the space. Once I open my closet her jaw drops.

"Dang girl, how many outfits do you have?" She says.

"Well, Pittsburgh definitely has a lot of malls." I laugh.

"Which swimsuit should I wear?" I question.

Steph goes through the choices and lands on a red high waisted bikini. I like her choice, it accentuates my curves. I put on a white dress cover up to wear to the party.

We walk to the party as it is only a few blocks away. I can see tables set up for beer pong and a bonfire going.

I decide I am going to let loose and have a good time because why not.

I see my phone light up in my pocket. It's a text from Luke.

L: Hey Babe, what are you up to?

Me: Headed to a party with my friend Steph.

L: A party? Do you think that's a good idea?

Me: Yeah, why not?

L: idk Becca.

I get that Luke misses me, but he is being annoying. I am never one to want to be controlled so if he has a problem with me having a good time, that's on him.

I put my phone back in my pocket and turn off the notifications. I don't want to be disturbed by guilting texts.

Steph and I first hit up the drinks table. People are doing shots. Steph introduces me to a few girls and guys. They all seem nice, a bit inebriated, but nice. We do 3 rounds of shots with them, I am starting to feel the booze, may be a bit buzzed.

Steph then takes me over to the beer pong table. She says that her and I get next game. We wait patiently for the game to finish. Two guys fist bump as they win the game. They say they are too drunk to play again though.

Steph tells me she is going to find us some opponents and leaves me alone for a few minutes. I sit in the sand as it still feels warm from the sun beating down on it all day.

I see Steph approaching with two guys behind her. I recognize one of them.

She approaches.

"Becca, this is Louis and I believe you know Harry." She says.

My mind is a bit buzzed when the word slips out. "Fuck."

"I mean Hi." I try to save myself quickly.

I see Harry looking at me awkwardly.

I hear Steph whisper to Harry, "I thought you said you guys were good now?"

Harry is frozen. I don't want to deal with the awkwardness so I try to diffuse the situation.

"Let's play! Come on Steph!" I shout.

I think it worked as everyone takes their places at the table.

We weren't bad at the game as we both got down to 1 cup. It was my turn to shoot and if I made it we would win. It is a bit difficult, by this time I am drunk and it's hard to aim straight but I try my best.