Chapter 16

Natalie and Jessica had gotten up early this morning to head home. We did one last beach walk together where I obviously told them about my night.

They were happy for me. I could tell Nat was a bit sad about Luke and since she is close with him, but nevertheless she was still happy for me.

It was hard saying goodbye to them, but I promised to make a trip up to Pittsburgh to see them soon.

It was now breakfast time and I sat at the kitchen counter eating my bowl of Frosted Flakes.

"Good morning Honey." My mom said.

"Good morning Mom and Dad." I replied.

My mom was busy making coffee at the counter and my dad was reading the newspaper. It was a typical Sunday morning.

My dad peered over his paper, "where did you go last night? I saw Natalie and Jessica, but couldn't find you." He asked.

I stuttered a bit, "oh umm, I was with my friend Missy from school.

He went back to reading his paper. I guess my lie was sufficient.

I didn't want to tell them about Harry and I. At least not yet. My dad has a burning hatred for Harry after what he did to me. I don't think he would understand.

I spent the rest of the day doing homework and studying for an English exam tomorrow.

Harry had texted me throughout the day just checking in which was super sweet.

I laid in my bed reading the final chapter of Romeo and Juliet.

I never really understood why their love story had to end like that. Why is love forbidden, why can't everyone just be happy for two people who fall in love. I hope and pray that Harry and I's story does not end tragically.

I look at my watch as I close my book, it's 11pm. I better get to sleep.

I turn off the light and climb under the covers. As soon as I close my eyes though I see the curls and the piercing green eyes that engulf me.

I can't sleep...