Chapter Seventeen (Bonus Chapter)

Hey guys! Two updates in one day! yay! anyways this is another bonus chapter, a sneak peek into the minds of BELLE AND JACE! Hopefully it'll clear up some confusion about them! Here you go!

BONUS CHAPTER 

Chapter Seventeen 

Belle 

I walked out of my room, rubbing my eyes trying to wake myself up. The sun seemed to be shining extra bright in my room today and it was interrupting my sleep. I had barely gotten any last night. Since our arrival into this pack my wolf has been antsy. 

I was still in the shock that my wolf had surfaced, I was only fifteen for crying out loud. Usually your wolf begins to communicate with your human a couple weeks before their first shift. Giving them the opportunity to get comfortable with each other, allow each other the trust required during the shift. 

But the day Eric, my thirteen year old brother, and I arrived here my wolf began talking to me. I was shocked at first, thinking I was hallucinating but after a couple of days it became normal, as if I were like this since birth. We'd talk about everything but she'd get excited over unusual things, as if she knew something was happening and couldn't wait for me to find out. I had tried my hardest to figure it out but it was nearly impossible. 

I slowly opened the door to my little brother's room and peeked inside, trying to keep quiet so I won't disturb him if he were sleeping. 

Opening the door I watch as he runs from one side of the room to another in only navy blue pyjama bottoms. I let out a little laugh, getting his attention. 

"Sissy!" He broke into a huge grin and ran towards me. Hugging me and stuffing his face into my stomach was a usual greeting of ours. I ruffled his hair, bending down and placing a sift kiss on his brown curls. 

"What's got you up so early?" I ask as he pulls away.

"You don't know?!" His eyes were wide and he spoke as if I had committed a crime. 

"Sissy!!! Valentine's day is in a week! We have to go to the mall! I need to get cards and coloured paper and crayons! Oh! And I need chocolate and a teddy bear!" He was rambling excitedly, a bright gleam in his eyes. I let out a laugh, since when did my little brother get so excited for Valentine's day? We hated the holiday 'cause it was the day that Mamma and Dada got extra cozy with each other. I felt a pang in my heart thinking about my parents, it had been a couple months now but their death still hit like it was just yesterday. 

"Sissy? Are you listening to me?" My thoughts flew off at the sound of Eric's annoyed voice. 

"Yeah I am, sorry Eric. Could you repeat that?" I asked guilty, my first priority was now Eric. He was all I had left now. 

He let out a huge and exaggerated sigh, and I smiled at his dramatic actions. "Fine." He drawled out the word, "I was saying that we have to make sure that the chocolate is white milk chocolate and the teddy bear needs to be white too with a purple bow!" 

"What's with the details?" I ask and nearly immediately his cheeks redden. 

"Oh no! You have a crush?" I let out a little squeal. Eric hated girls, and now he was planning on celebrating Valentine's day with one. 

"No! I don't like girls. I'm a cool guy, girls come after me." I didn't buy it. I gave him The Look, as he called it. It was the look that I always gave him which always resulted in him spilling all his secrets. 

"Fine! I hate The Look and you know it." He said pouting and crossing his arms. "There's this girl I meet a while ago at one of the dinners. But that's all I'm saying!" I laughed at his awkwardness, his face was red as a tomato and he wasn't looking at me.

"Fine fine, let me go get ready and we'll go. I'll be back okay? Stay here and I'll find someone to drive us." I ruffled his hair once more before exiting the room.

Shutting the door behind me I turn around bumping into a chest. Looking up I meet a pair of majestic eyes. They were light brown, like melting chocolate, and they were filling my body with warmth. They belonged to Beta Jace. 

"I'm incredibly sorry Beta, I meant no disrespect." I state softly, pushing my self away. I bear my neck in submission and keep my eyes casted downwards. For some reason my wolf was on high alert and was getting upset. 

Peeking up to look at him, I saw him nod and being to walk away. I let out a breath of relief. Turning towards the direction of my room, I began to walk. 

"Wait." I stiffen at his deep, soul melting, voice. Stiffly turning around, I keep my eyes down waiting for him to continue. 

"I'll drive you and your brother to the mall. Meet in at the front door in fifteen minutes" And before I could reply he started walking away.

o-o-o-o

Jace

Once I was far enough away I ran my hands roughly through my hair. What was my problem? Why did I offer to drive them to the mall? I was trying my damn hardest to keep minimal interaction between us. I watched from the distance to give me satisfaction that she was okay and happy. But I couldn't, I wouldn't interact with her. 

She was just fifteen! A pup! How could I be mated to a pup? 

She isn't a pup! She'll be a full wolf within a year. Do not disrespect our mate like that. My wolf growled at me. 

It was true, within a year she would be mature enough. She'd be technically legal in the Were world. But till then I had to keep this as a Beta and pack member relationship. Which meant I couldn't be offering to be her driver. 

I made my way to my bedroom, getting dressed. I hated to admit it but I attempted to look good, impressive; for her. I needed to stop think of her like that, she was still a pup right now. One year, just one year Jace and then she'll be yours. But right now she's a pup, a pack member. 

Giving myself one more look in the mirror I made my way to the front door of the pack house. I neared the foyer, stoping short when I heard their voices.

"Sissy! I'm hungry, can't we eat something before we leave?" That was Eric, her little brother. 

"I'll try getting us some food at the mall Eric. But we can't right now. The Beta said to be here in fifteen minutes, we can't disrespect him by being late and, getting food will get us late." They haven't eaten yet. Stupid! Why couldn't you give her more than fifteen minutes? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Okay, fine." He sounded defeated. "But don't forget what I need okay?" 

"I remember, don't worry." She told him. And under her breath she muttered, "Let's hope the money from babysitting is enough." You are a stupid asshole Jace. A very stupid asshole. 

I made my way to them and immediately they bowed their heads in submission. I had to suppress the growl that my wolf threaten to release watching his mate act as if she were below him. 

"Let's go." I stated. 

I planned on getting them a huge healthy breakfast at a diner before going to the mall, and I would make sure to buy everything myself. 

I heard as they scurried to catch up with me. And as much as I wanted to wait and help, I knew I shouldn't. I needed to stay in control.

She's a pup Jace

One more year

I hoped repeating that mantra would help.