Chapter Four {edited}

Chapter Four

Ellie

        To say that was awkward, refreshing, amazing, confusing, painful and blissful all at the same time would be spot on.

        When I rejected Alpha Aiden I thought he would be happy. Honest. I never expected him to be so depressed that he wouldn't leave his room, never thought that he would care so much, and never thought that he would want me.

        Now the only thing stopping me from accepting him is fear.

        I'm afraid...no terrified of my Alpha, my mate.

        I know what he is capable of.  Afraid of being hurt again, of this being a joke. My wolf, too, is afraid. She's afraid to communicate, to call out to him. Afraid of rejection and betrayal. 

        During the conversation, I managed to drop my walls twice. TWICE! I had learnt the hard way never to let anyone let down your guards, not even ones close to you.

        I let down my guards around mom, and where did that get me. Nothing, I tell you. And I literally mean nothing. I was ignored whenever I was to talk to her. Her only responses were a mere nod of a head or a yes or no. Nothing more. I was practically a stranger, not a daughter to her, a stranger.

        I had no one in this world, and that is what made me build my walls. And today I had managed to forget about them twice.

        I sighed and went back to work, though everyone was much nicer and didn't order me around. I knew what they needed me and their daily routine. Like; every pack member living at the pack house need a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. And let me tell you being the largest pack, there are many wolves, but more than 50 per cent live in the pack house. That alone took an hour or so and winded me out.

        Being the one of the only omegas was difficult, and tiring. Luckily, I had Jenny and Isaac to help. We weren't close, they barely talked. Unlike myself, they was born with an omega wolf. Their nature was to be quiet and submissive, even to me, who had Gamma blood. I sighed. The one potential I had for a friend was barely anything. 

       These past two weeks have been harder than before, not only because of the anticipation of discovering Aiden as my mate but because I was weaker since I wasn't allowed to shift. A couple days after I turned sixteen, which was now around three weeks ago, Alpha Aiden himself had order me never to shift till he were to take back the order himself. Punishment for forgetting about the pack run. I had slept in, too tired from crying when I found out about my mate. 

        Being a new shifter and not being allowed to shift was painful and on top of that meeting your mate, even more. But as I said my wolf was strong, she held hope and she wasn't going anywhere, she was as strong as she was when she came out, it was only me being the weak one, as she feed off of my energy to survive.

        And that was tortuous, being an omega doing work, and feeding almost half of my energy to my wolf. By the end of the day I was exhausted. But I don't regret it one bit. I don't know where I'd be without my wolf, she was my lifeline in this horrible and lonely world. 

        I shook my head, and jumped back into reality as I went over to grab all the laundry from the dryer and started folding them. I heard shouting, and used my wolf hearing to hear what the commotion was.

        "I WANT EVERY PACK MEMBER IN THE BACK SO WE CAN START TRAINING" I heard Aiden shout. I smiled, he listened. He was now going back to Alpha duties which included training the pack.

        With a sigh of happiness I went back to folding the laundry. Since I was the omega, I wasn't part of the warrior class, which meant I wasn't allowed nor required in the training sessions. I was only allowed when they finished so I could clean the yard and wash their clothes.

        Less than ten minutes later, a boy ran into the laundry room. He looked around fourteen or so.

        "Luna, you need to be present during training. I was instructed to bring you there" I looked at him confused.

        "Please don't call me Luna, I'm the omega. And why am I to go train?" I made sure to keep my eyes down and not look him in the eye since I was below him and everyone else.

        "You're the Luna and Alpha instructed us to call you Luna and since you're the pack's Luna you must train. You are of warrior class. The Alpha won't start without you"

        I huffed, I knew from experience when to let go of an argument.

        I nodded and followed him out. Once we reached the clearing in the back everyone bowed in respect. Wasn't I supposed to bow not them. I looked over at Aiden with a confused look. He must have understood since he explained.

        "You're the Luna, they're bowing in respect."

        "But I'm the omega not-" I was cut off by Aiden growling. Scared, I immediately went and apologized. Why did I have to talk back to an Alpha! Stupid stupid stupid. 

        "I'm sorry Alpha, I meant no disrespect" I said shakily with my head bowed down and eyes on my shoes.

        I heard growling again. By now I was shaking with fear. 

        "For today's training Beta Jace will lead." I heard Aiden shout at the pack. I heard a murmur of 'yes Alpha'.

        I felt someone grab my elbow and out of reflex I flinched back. I looked up and saw that it was Aiden. He had a look of hurt and pain. He then gestured his hand indicating for me to follow him.

        I quietly obeyed. Not wanting to anger him anymore.

        A couple minutes later, we reached a small pond. He turned around and faced me. I kept my eyes on the ground in respect and fear.

        "Look at me please" I heard him plead, but still afraid I didn't.

        "Please look up" He was practically begging now, which caused my wolf to whimper. I still didn't make a move though.

        "Ellie look up, please just look up I'm not going to hurt you" I could hear the pain in his voice and that sent my wolf and me to finally meet his gaze. His vibrate hazel eyes, which held unshed tears. For an Alpha to cry was rare as it was for him to stutter, which I managed to see both in one day.

        "We'll talk about what happened back there afterwards. Right now we will train. I need to see your wolf to see how strong she is"

        Uh oh.