Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty Three 

Ellie 

My eyes stared blankly at the back of the passenger seat in the jeep we were riding in. It was physically over. We were on our way back to the pack house, Aiden held my hand firmly in his. I could tell he wanted to embrace me, wanted full body contact with me. But the number of injuries that decorated my body kept him away. He didn't want to hurt me. Not anymore. And I wasn't sure if I believed that. I wasn't even sure if I cared anymore. 

The night had changed my entire life, that rogue destroyed all the possible happiness that I could have experienced. I can't take it anymore. Physically, mentally nor emotionally. Life has ruined me both internally and externally.

 I had hoped for a happily ever after, but I don't think those exist anymore. 

"Honey always remember, happily ever afters do exist, and if you haven't had yours yet it means theres still more to the story." 

 My dad's voice echoed in my head. I let out a sob. I could hear Aiden's concerned voice in the background but I pay no attention to it. My body shakes as I cry harder. 

I cry for my dad. 

I cry for the lose of my innocence. 

I cry for my absent mother. 

I cry for the beating I got. 

I cry for the verbal abuse. 

I cry for the emotional pains. 

 I cry for not having a normal relationship with my mate. 

 I cry because I want my happily every after now. I don't have it in me to suffer through what's left of my story. I want the ending. I close my eyes tight and wail to the sky. I have done nothing to deserve this! Why do you punish your daughter like this Luna? I can't take anymore. 

 I can't. I can't. I can't. I think I'm mumbling this out loud but I'm not so sure. 

I feel the comforting tingles of my mate's hands on my cheek. I hear his reassuring and concerned voice. I slowly open my eyes, his handsome face blurry from my tear-filled eyes. 

 "That's it sweetheart. Just look at me" I let out a small sob at his soothing soft voice but I don't look away.

 "Please don't hurt me anymore. I can't take it. Please. I want my happily ever after now. Please, I can't -" I mumble as I shake my head, my eyes pleading him. He looks hurt, broken too. 

"I won't. I promise Ellie. No more. You will never go through anymore hurt. I promise you I will do everything in my power to give you the perfect happily ever after. I love you Ellie Martin. I always have and I always will. I promise you my love will only ever increase and I will never let anything else hurt you, not even me. Do you understand Mate. I swear my life on it." 

He looks me dead in the eye. I see the guilt, the regret, the hurt and the everlasting heartbreak. 

"I have hurt you too much My Love. I have been the reason for all of your pain. For all the hurt and abuse you've suffered through. You've been through so much because of me. Please, My Luna, forgive me." 

He kisses my cheeks softly and slowly. My eyes close as I take in the moment of bliss. In this moment I, for the very first time, feel content, relaxed, at peace. Aiden leans his forehead against mine. I keep my eyes closed. 

"And I promise you, I will spend the rest of my life making things right. Giving you the happiness you deserve. And My Love, I promise you this. The minute we step out of this car, the minute you recover. We will not start out as mates, but as friends. I want to earn your trust back, I want to be that Aiden you loved and trusted as kids. I will show you that and then My Luna, we will be mates." 

I open my eyes, they're filled with tears once more. I kiss his cheeks, the same way he did mine. 

"I love you, alway have and I always will." I whisper to him. 

 I close my eyes and lean my head on his shoulder. I feel his hand softly wrap around me, steering clear from my injuries. I let out a small sigh of content as I slowly fall asleep. 

 Maybe I will get my happily ever after soon. 

__________

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE!!! (YOU CAN SCROL DOWN TO THE STARS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ MY RAMBLINGS)

Hey Guys! Guess who's back!

Oops! I'm so sorry for being gone for so long, it's just school was coming to an end and that meant final performance tasks (worth 15% of my final grade) and exams! Those were so much fun...how bout not. 

But thats out of the way now! Yes Yes! Anyways, it's short I know I know. But it gives a lot away. I know a lot of you were hoping Aiden would suffer more, but quite honestly, I think he will just by the conscience of what he did. In my opinion the guilty mind is the worst punishment of all because it stays with a person for their entire life. And honestly, Ellie needs happiness now and if the Great Luna made Aiden her mate, then her happiness lies with him. 

********* IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!!*******

As you guys could probably tell this book is coming to an end soon (aww) but I'm sure i already spilled this before and the title of this books does say "Rejection Series Book 1" which means..... theres more books on rejection! woohooo! yea thats kinda mean but rejection stories are kinda entertaining. 

So this is a trilogy, and it's time to spill the beans on what the next book is about......

Jace and Belle!!!!

yup sorry folks, one of them is gonna reject the other. Stay tuneddddd!

And the third book will be revealed at the end of the second, but can anyone guess who it's about? This character has already been introduced in this book. 

******Important a/n done*******

Anywaysss it's summer time guys! That means you guys have a tbr list made? Let's hear it! let's keep this about actual published books! Currently I'm reading "Cinderella's Dress" by Shonna Slayton. It's actually so good so far! It's historical fiction and I'm really enjoying it! Your turn! 

oh and please do check out _tfios_4_life_'s book "The Alpha's Daughter" It's really good! And I believe everyone should read it because it written really well!