Chapter Eighteen {Edited}

Chapter Eighteen

Ellie

I watched from the distance as the love spread. It was Valentine's Day and all the mated couples were on the roll. I was getting my fill by just watching them. I wasn't really expecting anything from Aiden today, we weren't there yet. Sure for the past coupe months we've been civil and comfy. I liked to believe that we were dating, but that's all we were doing. We weren't being mates, not yet. It was too early and too fast, I sill haven't forgotten those three long, painful years that I had to tolerate.

I needed air, these horrid thoughts were suffocating me and making me feel sick. Turning around I made my way towards the back door, which led to the southern end of the woods. I wanted to go for a run, be alone.

Keeping my head high and my shoulders squared, just like Aiden taught me, I walked like a Luna. Believe me when I say that the first few times it was very difficult. It should've been easy, I mean all I was doing was keeping my head up and my shoulders squared. I was showing my dominance, my authority and for someone who was beaten for doing so it was a bit terrifying. 

My thoughts were interrupted when I bumped into a hard chest, and judging by the tingles and the shiver than ran through my spine I knew it was Aiden. His large warm hands were on my waist and his tight grey shirt fit him well, mostly his chest. I looked up to his sparkling eyes that held amusement.

"You saw me coming" I stated.

"Yeah, I did. But how could I pass up the opportunity of you running into me, I mean I'm really liking this position." My breath hitched, and I felt my cheeks redden. I couldn't help but admit it too, I liked this position too. I always loved being in his arms. But right now, we were pressed together, nearly no space between us, my head tilted to see his and our faces weren't that far apart either.

I tensed and wiggled, trying to escape his embrace. I couldn't do this, I needed to stay strong. His arms loosened and I stepped out. I cleared my throat and tucked an invisible strand of hair away, even though my hair was tied in my a pony tail.

"I was uh just looking for you actually. There something I want to show you, and um ask." Aiden spoke, I glanced up and noticed he was scratching the back of his neck. Something he did when he was nervous.

"Is it important? I mean, I just wanted to go for a quick run; clear my mind. If it's important, I mean -"

"No! No, it's okay, you should go for your run. It could wait." He gave me a slight hint of a smile, but I could tell he was upset. Whatever it was that he show and ask me was important. As much as I wanted to stay and see what was so important, those unpleasing thoughts kept crawling back into my head and I needed some space.

Giving him a quick nod of appreciation I walked around him and out the back door. I ran on two legs for a bit, refreshing my stiff human form. Running in human form was nothing like it was in wolf, but it was still nice. It still gave that sense of normality and peace.

 It still felt like a huge amount of weight was being lifted off of you as you run through the vast, green forest. The scents of the trees, the grass and the small water droplets calming you down. The sounds of a deer not far off, clueless of a predator in the area. The feel of the hard yet comforting earth beneath your feet.

I ran and ran, tiring my human body out and getting ready to shift. I was breathing heavy and my strong strides were now just my feet dragging on. I was ready to shift and let my wolf run. I paused for a minute, bending over and catching my breath.

I closed my eyes and took deep breathes. I guess I was not as focused as I should be. If I was I would've scented out the stench of the rouges. The stench that differentiated them as lone, which gave away their unordered lifestyle. 

The scent that told the world that this wolf had no one and was near crazy. My scream was muffled as one of them put a cloth to my mouth. Eyes widened as my exhausted body stubbled in their hold. I tried to call on my wolf but I couldn't hear her. I tried to call on Aiden, anyone but I got no answer! What's wrong with me? I felt my eyes get heavy as my struggles subdued. That cloth, it was filled with chloroform and wolfsbane.

o-o-o-o-o

Aiden

Running a hand through my hair I breathed in deeply. It's been nearly two hours. I'm sure she's had enough space, I should probably go after her now. No! Stop it Aiden! Give her the space she needs, she'll come back on her own.

Not being able to sit any longer I got up and went to our bedroom. Walking in, I blew out the candles I had lit, they were nearly out of wax; I had to save them for when Ellie came back. I had decorated the entire room myself, not letting anyone help me. I did it myself, for my Ellie. 

There were rose petals on the bed, and I had changed the sheets to white. The entire room had candles of different sizes, and the ground had a path rose petals as well. On the bed, I had kept a beautiful satin royal blue dress that I had gotten her, a bouquet of purple and white tulips. I remember them being her favourite. When we were kids, we'd go to the forest and she'd always only pick those ones. She wouldn't even look at the other flowers, always keeping her eyes out for those tulips. Beside the flowers and dress was a note, telling her to meet at our place. The small little hide out we always went to as kids. It led to a "secret" clearing that we had claimed for ourselves.

Alpha! My thoughts were interrupted at the sound of Jordan's, a warrior wolf I had assigned as Ellie's bodyguard, voice rang through my mind. He sounded alert, weak and scared. Something had happened to Ellie.

What happened to her? I growled.

Luna...running...rogues...got her. Each word was choppy and out of breath. I felt his connection drain out and I knew that he was out cold.

Warriors in the meeting room. NOW! I sent out a pack message. I was beyond furious. Rouges, bloody hell.