Bonus Chapter

Prologue 

Belle

I wipe the last bit of cake from my cheek and sigh. Eighteen years old and mateless. I close my eyes and breath in deeply. Everyone around me was almost all mated and happy, and the ones who weren't were either glad or upset. I was a mixture of both.

Not finding a mate meant that there was still the chance that maybe...No! I shake my head. I couldn't think about him. For all I know he could have found his mate by now and be happy with a pup on the way. Plus I haven't seen him in over three years now.

Jace Blackwood, was my first crush ever. Like one of those crushes were you daydream about a life together with them. I've always wished for him to be my mate but he had left before my sixteen birthday. There was no telling.

And that's what kept that spark of hope in me. Every year when I still hadn't found my mate, I was upset that I was still alone but happy that the chance was still there. But, he was eighteen when he left, meaning he would have recognized me as his mate, if I was his mate. And that thought always blew some of the hope away.

I grab the towel and pat my face dry and head to my room. I wasn't surprised by the small purple card that sat on my bed with that lone white rose and that small whiff of musky cologne. He always came for my birthday and left without a trace but the card on my bed.

Happy Birthday Little Wolf

- J

That's all it ever said. It was a plain purple card with a little shine to it, and the message scribbled neatly and patiently on it. I breathed in that heavenly scent, there was only a small trace of it. I tried to breathe it in again and it was gone.

Every year since his departure he did this. I don't know why but he did. He was always kind to me and my brother. But he never left my brother cards or flowers, just me.

I gently picked the rose up and grabbed my diary off my shelf. It was Ellie's idea for me to start writing in a diary, as a way to escape and it helped a lot. Along with me reading of course. I had grown to be quiet the book worm.

I opened to the centre where I had kept the past three white roses, they were flat now but still had their beauty intact.

I got the first rose the morning after he left. For some reason I had cried myself to sleep, I didn't like it one bit that he was leaving for four years. Four years! That's a long time.

The rose was placed on top of my very first purple card on my bedside. Instead of wishing me Happy Birthday, like the rest did later on. It had a different message, a short one like the others, but different.

I'm sorry.

- J

That's all it said, and it did things to me. I had cried for another hour after reading that. And I didn't know why. Why was I so emotional and sensitive when it came to him. Even when his name was mentioned my heart went racing.

I sigh, one more year and he'll be back. And maybe I'll get some answers. I place my diary back on my shelf and place the card in on the bottom on my jewellery box where the other cards were.

No one knew about them. I hadn't told a soul, not even Ellie. And I told Ellie everything, she even knew about my little (maybe not so little) crush on the Beta. But this, it was like a small secret between Jace and I. Something just for the two of us to know.

One more year Belle, just one more year.

Does Anyone recognize the last sentence?

So for those who don't know, THERE'S A BOOK TWO!! YAY!!!

It's Bella and Jace's story and the book is UP! SO GO ADD IT TO YOUR LIBRARIES AND YOUR READING LISTS! This was the Prologue to the book! 

I love you all and I am so glad you guys stuck by me through this long and amazing book journey! MY HEARTBREAK IS DONE!!

I Love You and Thank You for all the love!!

book_worm615