Chapter Eight {edited}

Chapter Eight

Aiden

        "Before you act like a mate towards me Alpha, become an Alpha first, and try to prevent whatever happened to me in your pack. That day when you do, maybe you'll be the mate I dreamt of" Ellie whispered, she shifted and then ran off towards the pack house.

        I collapsed on my knees; I was so frustrated with myself. So angry at myself. So disappointed at myself. I had no idea what to do. Who to talk to.

        I could feel the familiar wetness of tears rolling down my cheek as I thought back to Ellie's speech.

        She was absolutely right, she had every right to be mad, every right to push me away, not to trust me, every emotion she was going through she had the complete f*cking right over. I f***ked up, I deserved the pain, my wolf deserved the pain.

        He was whimpering in my mind. He called out to his mate, who I could feel was too hesitant,  to comfort him. Which caused him to whimper some more. Alice, Ellie's wolf eventually did come and comfort Caiden. 

        At least my wolf gets a mate's comfort, even if it isn't at its fullest.

        I need some advice, some help. I was so confused on what to do.

        I slowly stood up, wiped my tears and shifted. And made my way towards my parent's house. I felt a pang in my chest. I could at least go to the comfort of my mom and dad, but Ellie? She had no one, she's completely alone.

        Once I made it to the Alpha house I shifted back and grabbed a pair of basketball shorts that were in the basket. Another pang in the heart. One of Ellie's job was to restock every basket on our territory, and that was a lot. Just the thought of her running around exhausted in the woods, not being able to shift, hurt. It hurt like a b*tch.

        I heard the front door open and my mom step out, she probably scented me. The minute she saw my defeated face, with dry tears fresh ones on the way, puffy lifeless eyes; she ran over and engulfed me in a hug.

        I needed this comfort, I really did. I embraced her back and broke down. I had tears falling and I was sobbing like a child. My mom knew it was serious, because an Alpha won't cry for any reason, even if it's in front of his mother.

        We slowly walked back and sat down on the couch, my sobbing had slowed down and I was calm enough to speak.

        "What's wrong dear?" My mom gently asked. I didn't have the guts to say it out loud, to be honest I was scared shitless of my mom's reaction. And I don't think I would make it through without breaking down again.

        I decided to show her it through mind link.

        "Can you call dad first, I want to show to you both together." I said in a small voice. You could practically hear the nervousness in it. Mom nodded her head slowly. I knew she was worried, and scared what the matter was about.

        My dad entered the room a couple minutes later and with one look he could tell something was wrong. His glowing happy face turned into a concerned and worried look. One that held both a father and an Alpha.

        I didn't remember much to what the pack and I did to Ellie all together, so I decided to show them everything that happened since my birthday and that dreadful night.

        I saw so many emotions cross their faces, but what stood out most was the disgust and disappointment. It was all written on their faces.

        Once done I slowly hung my head in shame. No one talked for a few minutes; it was a loud silence that killed me.

        I suddenly felt a throbbing on my cheek; I looked up to see my mom looking at me with anger in her eyes. She slapped me, and I knew I deserved it.

        "We never raised you like this. Why?" She asked simply and that sentence alone felt like it weighed millions of pounds.

        I hung my head in shame, having no answer.

        "I don't know Ma, I don't know. All I know is that I regret it and I can't even remember half the things that I said to her, or what I allowed the pack to say to her. I don't think I want to know." I choked out, while fresh tears made their way down my face.

        Alpha, Take a look at this.My thoughts were interrupted when Jonathan, a pack warrior mind linked me. He had sent me a picture of disgusting room, I feel sorry for whoever lived there.

        Who's room is that of and why are you showing me.

        That's our Luna's room Alpha.

        If I was pale before I probably look like a f*cking bloodsucker now. Ellie lived there, my mate lived there.

        Pack her things and put them in my room make sure she stays and sleeps there. I commanded him.