Chapter Ten {edited}

Chapter Ten

Aiden

        The brightness from the hot soothing sun was breaking my sleeping state. Groaning, I peeked an eye open before closing it again. Why did I forget to close the curtains last night?

        Breathing in deeply, I caught the strong scent of my mate which caused me to open my eyes. The blinding light shocking me I flinched before readjusting my focus. 

        But the sight in front of my caused me to flinch once again. I was looking into the hurt eyes on my beautiful mate.

        She started to push away, but I held on tight. I don't know why she's upset, but I plan on finding out. That look is killing me and will forever haunt me, just like the rest. 

        "What's wrong?" I asked.

        She just shook her head, looking anywhere but me. I looked down at her closely, she was bitting her lower lip. On any other occasions that would have turned me on, but right now I could see it wobbling as if she were about to burst out crying. 

        "No, there's something wrong. Please, love, tell me" I spoke to her softly. 

        "N-nothing A-alpha" Her mumble so quietly that I barely heard it. But it held so much emotion and hurt in it as well. I tried to ignore the stab in my heart when she called me alpha, but it was really hard. 

        "Please Ellie, call me Aiden. Please." I softly pushed her shoulders back so she laid on her back. I rolled onto of her, but made sure not to put any weight on her. 

        Her cheeks were red, which caused my heart to leap, but her eyes were still casted down.

        "Look at me, My Luna" I gently tugged her chin up, and her eyes snapped up and looked right into my own. 

        They were filled with unshed tears and hurt.

        "Te rog, sufletul meu pereche frumoasa. Spune-mi ce sa întâmplat. Cel care detine inima mea, mă omori cu ochii rănit și trist. Ei au nevoie să fie umplut cu fericire și nu iubesc tristețe și rănit. Te rog, iubirea mea, spune-mi ce sa întâmplat, așa că am putea repara." I spoke in one of our few native languages. (Please, my beautiful mate. Tell me what's wrong. One who holds my heart, you're killing me with those hurt and sad eyes. They need to be filled with happiness and love not sadness and hurt. Please, my love, tell me what's wrong so I can fix it.)

        "You flinched" She spoke suddenly. Her eyes casted downwards immediately and I knew exactly where I had gone wrong. 

        I sat up and grabbed her gently by the waist. I noticed her eyes go wide with the sudden motion as I placed her on my lap; her legs straddling my waist as I leaned against the headboard. 

        I gently grab the sides of her face and bring her close. Looking directly into her eyes and our lips just a few millimetres away. But my eyes stayed trained on hers. 

        "I flinched because of the sun hitting my eyes and then again because I saw the hurt and pain in yours. I didn't flinch for the reasons you are thinking baby, never again." I said softly, our eyes burning into each others. 

        "Oh" Was all she said. 

        A small smile played on my lips, I leaned in to her and placed a tiny kiss on the corner of her lips. And another on the other corner of her lips. Then another on her nose, and a last kiss on her forehead.

        Moving my lips to her head and keeping my lips them there, I laid down, with her still on top of me and closed my eyes. 

        "Uh A-aiden? What are you-"

        "Shh Love, go to sleep" I mummered against her hair, she smelt so nice it was addicting. 

        "But I'm on top-"

        "Shh" 

        And a few minutes later I felt her breathing even out and knew she fell back asleep. 

o-o-o-o

        Groaning as I woke up, I searched around for my little mate, unable to find her I sat up abruptly.

        Eyes wide open, I looked around our room; she wasn't here. 

        Taking in a deep breath, I searched for her scent, she was here, two hours ago. Where was she now? And what was she doing for the past two hours?

        Jumping out of bed, I followed her scent. Racing down the stairs, I got to the ground floor. What was she doing here? It was 8:00am on a sunday, nearly every pack member was asleep, no one was down here. Was she in trouble? The though only made my strides bigger.

        I entered through the kitchen doors and froze. While I was sleeping peacefully for two bloody hours, while the pack members slept through without any worry, my mate, our Luna was down here scrubbing the kitchen floors clean. 

        Catching a bunch of scents, I lifted my eyes and looked to my right. Not only was she cleaning she was making the pack brunch. The entire table was stacked with food, there was probably enough for each member to have seconds, if not thirds. 

        "Love, what are you doing?" She does a small jump, unaware of my presence. That wasn't right. She was a wolf, she should have scented me, or at least sensed my presence, 

        "Alpha!" She lets out in a high pitch surprised screech. She immediately stands up and pats down her clothes, as if tidying herself. Giving me a small bow and tilting her head in submission, she started talking again. 

        "I'm sorry sir, I didn't hear or smell you come in." I was getting more and more pissed. Not at my mate, I was more so upset at her actions. She was up this early to clean?! And now she was calling me alpha and sir again? What had happened?

        I let out a angry growl. 

        "Why didn't you hear me? Moreover, why couldn't you smell me come in? And I want the truth, do not hold back." 

        "I'm ssss-so sor-sorry sir. I was just so t-tired and h-hungry. I was-s concentrating r-really hard 'cause I w-wanted to f-finish quickly. I r-really wanted to g-go back in bed and h-have a b-bit of f-food. But not a lot sir! I promise I only take a little bit, just an apple and yogurt! I-I'm so sorry." She was whimpering through the entire time. 

        I suddenly regretted the way I approached the situation. I completely forgot that she was still scared of me. 

        I took a step towards her, hesitating when she flinched back, but I continued. Gently grabbing her chin I lift her head and looked directly in her eyes. 

        "I'm sorry Love, that came out really, really wrong. I was just really worried when I woke up and you weren't there. You shouldn't be doing this Sweetheart. No baby, you should be in bed right now, snuggled into my side. You shouldn't be here cleaning and preparing so much food, especially when you're so little. We are changing that by the way, but that's a matter to discuss later. Right now we are going back in bed for another two hours, and I know you're tired. So don't you dare deny it" I said to her softly. 

        Placing a feather kiss on her forehead, I put an arm around her waist and held one of her hands leading her back to our room. 

        Feeling her put her head against my shoulder as we walked made me smile. And when I looked down at her, she too had a smile on her face with her eyes closed.

        I swear I was drowning, and I was completely okay with that. Because if falling so deeply, wholly, completely and madly in love with your mate felt like drowning, then I can say with confidence that I loved drowning for my Ellie.