Chapter Five {edited}

Chapter Five

Ellie

        "We'll talk about what happened back there afterwards. Right now we will train. I need to see your wolf to see how strong she is"

        Me? Shift? Had he forgotten that he was the one who commanded me not to ever shift? And test my strength? I had no strength, half my strength went to the chores and the other half to my wolf's survival.

        I just stood there looking at him like an idiot. I knew couldn't shift, literally.

        I heard Aiden make his way over to me and I snapped out of my train of thought, by now my cheeks had trails of tears. I looked up to see him approaching me. I immediately out of reflex took a step back.

"I can't, I can't, I can't"

        Aiden had a look of hurt and pain on his face, God all of today I've seen that expression way too many times. Did that make me a bad person?

        "Ellie, what's wrong? " He was patient I'll give him that.

        I was then snapped back to reality. My eyes widened. What am I doing? I could get into serious trouble for behaving like this. Shit shit shit shit shit shit....

        I immediately straightened myself, roughly wiped my tears away and pushed all my emotions away.

        "I'm s-s-sorry for wasting your time like this Alpha...it w-won't happen again sir. Please forgive me for disrespecting you" I said in a small shaky voice. God you could practically hear the fear in my voice.

        I made sure to keep my eyes on the ground while I spoke.

        "I apologize o-once again s-s-sir, but I can't shift into my wolf."

o-o-o-o

Aiden

        She kept her gaze on the ground, just waiting. Not speaking, making sure not to let any of her tears fall, not to break down right here and not to show any fear though I could smell the fear off of her, in massive waves.

        "W-what," I cleared his throat. "What do you mean that you can't shift?"

        I knew she shifted into her wolf for the first time not too long ago, and her not being able to shift would be painful.

        "I was ordered by you, Alpha sir. A couple days after my first shift. I missed a pack run and you order me as a punishment. I wasn't allowed to shift and nobody was to revoke the order other than you sir"

        I took a step back. I order her. Her first shift was probably two to three weeks ago. For almost three weeks she was in pain, craving for a run. Add the fact that she was on the brink of exhaustion from all the work. Then knowing her mate was me for a weeks.

        She was practically broken.

        Her wolf was either dead by now from not having the time to be set free and not having her mate near, or she was feeding off of Ellie's energy.

        I knew that her wolf was still healthy other than the fact that she was craving a good run since my wolf was communicating with her.

        That meant the she was feeding off of Ellie's energy.

        Oh god what kind of mate am I? What kind of Alpha am I? How could I let this happen, more importantly how could I be responsible for this?

        "I'm, I'm so sorr-sorry E-llie. I did this? Oh god, how could I let this happen?"

        I fell to the ground on my knees with my head in my hands, I had tears down my face, and I was sobbing. But I didn't care if I was the Alpha or not, or that this showed weakness or not.

        I failed as an Alpha, and especially as a mate.

        I felt small hands grab my hands and lowered them. I looked up and saw Ellie, even after everything I did, she was comforting me.

        She gently wiped my tears away; I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to me putting my face in the croak of her neck.

        After a few minutes I finally let go. I smiled at her she finally accepted me as her mate; why else would she do something like this. She had forgiven me for the pain I put her through. It had to be.

        "I'm sorry, my wolf stepped out of line. She felt the need to comfort her mate and stepped in. It won't happen again Alpha nor will anyone find out." She kept her eyes on the ground as she stepped out my embrace.

        My face fell. My heart beat was pounding so loud in my ears, my palms started to sweat. No! This was the complete opposite of what I had thought.

        We need to be patient Aiden, she's broken. At least Alice, her wolf accepts us enough to want to comfort us. My wolf Caiden assured. For now revoke the order and apologize I want to play with our mate.

        I sighed this is more difficult than I expected. But I had no one to blame other than myself. I brought this upon myself and I was the one who brought so much pain to not only myself but to Ellie as well.

        "As Alpha, I Aiden James West revoke my Alpha order on which you were unable to shift freely. I give back your wolf's freedom to shift and run."

        With those words said, Ellie instantly let out a blood curling scream. I knew that she was about to shift and that this time it would be more painful than her first.

        I rushed towards her and knelt down beside her as she clutched her sides with her eyes shut, tears escaping.

        I gently made a move to grab her but I was rewarded with a flinch backwards. Got to say it hurt. It hurt like f*cking hell. But I still continued, I gently grabbed her by the waist and pulled her towards my chest.

        I whispered soft soothing words while softly rubbing her back. She kept screaming and tears kept falling.

         And the only thought I had was that it was my entire fault. All because of my selfish mistakes did this happen. All because of me.