Chapter Thirteen {Edited}

Chapter Thirteen 

Ellie

        "Okay now all you do is add the spices you want. I personally like it really spicy." 

        I was teaching Belle how to make salsa, she was a quick learner and a very curious girl. It's been a couple days since Belle and Eric joined the pack, and since I learnt that Belle was Jace's mate. 

        She was so young though, just fifteen, she had a full year before she was mature enough to meet her mate. She was a lucky one though, meeting her mate at such  young age. And Jace at that! He's a good wolf and would be the perfect and loving mate.

        My heart clenched thinking about perfect and loving mates. I'm hoping with everything in me that Belle has the normal, cute and cliche mate relationship. Not one like my own, not one as difficult and heartbreaking. 

        I snapped out of my trance, and looked at Belle as she tasted different types of spices. I smiled, although I hated what had happened to Belle, I was glad she was here. She was the cutest thing ever, and because of her I was able to embrace my Luna self. She brought out the protective and fierce Luna that was hidden in the weak and frightened omega body. 

        "What is that smell?" Looking over my shoulder, I see Aiden make his way into the kitchen, his nose sniffing the air before his eyes land on us. 

        Looking directly into my eyes, a slow smirk tugs at his lips. 

        "I don't know whether it's your alluring scent or that mouthwatering salsa." I roll my eyes. Over the past few days our interactions have been light, with his teasing cheesy remarks and my, surprisingly, witty comebacks. I don't know what came over me but we were getting better.

        "Want to try Alpha?" Belle spoke out, offering a spoon. She had warmed up to a lot of people over the past couple of days and I was glad for that. Aiden was hesitant at first, worried that she might bring upon rogues to our doorstep but after a few questions he was good. 

        "Of course Belle" Gently taking the spoon from her hands, he gave it a taste. Not even a second later was he frantically looking for the carton of milk. Guess she took my advice on the spicy part. 

        "Fates! What was in that?" He had a milky mustache, and streaks of milk running down the side of his mouth to his chin.

        "No idea, I just added a bunch of spice." Belle shrugged. 

        "Fates!" He mumbled as he took another chug of milk. I kept quiet, quite amused by the situation. 

        Shaking my head, and enjoying the light atmosphere I turned around and got to work on the dishes that were pilling up. 

        "Um Ellie?" I looked over my shoulder, but kept quiet waiting for him to continue. 

        "Uh could I talk to you for a minute? Alone?" I sucked in a quick breathe, sure we were having civil conversations but I've never been alone with him since Belle. I tried my best to avoid that. I was beginning to open up to him, sure, but being alone with him? I don't know, he still frightened me, no mater how much of a Luna I'm becoming. Some demons just don't leave you alone. 

        I guess my face showed my fear and hesitation, because I saw the hurt revel on his face moments later. 

        "Please, mate?" His voice held so much desperation and pain, my wolf just couldn't take it. A a small part of me, the human part, just couldn't take it either.