Chapter Nine {edited}

Chapter Nine

Aiden

        An hour after talking with my parents I made my way to the pack house. I was nervous any wolf in a mile radius could practically smell it off me, I swear I was considering the thought of sleeping in the guest room. But being mates, it was instinct, I mean who would pass up the opportunity to sleep beside their soul mate for the entire night, hold her in your arms, smell her intoxicating smell over and over again without her complaining, not to mention if your said soul mate were to be terrified to the bones of you, would you really give up this chance?

        Yeah I thought so.

        As I made my way across through the pack house towards the stairs, pack members bowed their head in respect. As I walked by the living room I felt a hand stop me. It sent shivers down my spine, but not the desirable ones I get from Ellie, the ones that felt like ants crawling. A shiver of disgust. It was a touch of another she-wolf. 

        I turned to see Brittany, why am not I surprised?

        "What do you want Brittany?" I sneered at her. Not in the mood to talk.

        "Babe it's been so long. Don't you miss me?" She wined.

        "No, I don't. Look the only relationship we had, have and will always have is-" She cut me off though.

        "Of mates, I know silly, look I know you want to be a better alpha and shit but seriously do you really need to do it acting like that fatass is your mate?"

        I grabbed her by the neck and pushed her against the wall.

        "Don't ever call my mate any foul name again. Let's get some things straight shall we. One, the only relationship between us is one that an alpha and its pack member shares. Two, Ellie is one hundred percent my mate and your Luna. Three, yes I am trying to become a better Alpha but not by pretending to be Ellie's mate, but because I am Ellie's mate. And lastly don't ever even think that we are mates again. There's someone out there for you and it's not me"

        I said through my teeth, this chick is really starting to piss me off.

        I let go of her and quickly make my way to my bedroom. I needed Ellie here right now to calm me.

        As I entered my room I was engulfed in my scent mixed with hers, I sighed, that's an amazing combination.

        I look towards the bed to see her sound asleep.

        She looks like an angel, my angel. Her face was so natural looking, so peaceful.

        I slowly make my way to the bed and took a deep breath.

        "Ok Aiden it's now or never" I mumbled to myself as I took off my shirt and climbed under the covers.

        I hesitantly put my arms around her waist and like a moth to a light she automatically snuggled closer.

        This felt right, it felt like heaven on earth, the best feeling ever. Nothing toped this.

        I breathed in her scent, it was so addicting. I silently watched her for a few minutes before closing my own eyes and falling asleep.

                                                                o-o-o-o

Ellie

        Feeling a warmth on my closed eyelids I was awoken from my peaceful sleep. I opened my eyes slowly to only see that I was face to face with a toned chest.

        Confused I looked up, meet with Aiden's beautiful sleeping face I felt my walls go down for a minute.

        My Mate I heard my wolf purr. 

        "Our mate" I subconsciously whispered. Without even realizing, I was pushing away from strands of rebellious hair from his forehead.

        "Yours" He mumbled back. Which broke my spell, what am I doing?

        Softly pushing him away, I tried to get out of his arms, but they only tightened. 

        "Stop that babe, I'm trying to sleep" His husky voice sent shivers of pleasure down my spine and for another second I hesitated. I deserve one time, one nap, one snuggle with my mate. 

        Before I could change my mind, I closed my eyes again and snuggled into him. Breathing in his scent and relishing the warmth he shared. 

        I was at peace and my wolf was purring. We weren't afraid right now, at this moment I wasn't Ellie and he wasn't Aiden. We were just mates, both seeking comfort.