Chapter Three {edited}

Chapter  Three

Aiden

        It's been three days since the rejection and I've trapped myself in my room. I had my Beta and a close friend of mine, Jace look after the pack for the time being, I was in no shape to look over pack issues. I needed to first sort out my own. I had absolutely no idea on how I was to do this. But I wasn't in the mood to care. I didn't feel the need to eat and the only thoughts and concerns on my mind were of Ellie.

        I thought of how beautiful she was and how much of a jackass I was. I'm a terrible person, a terrible Alpha and most painfully, a terrible mate.

        My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door, I didn't bother scenting out whoever was at the door, because the one person I wanted it to be would never even think of coming here, not after what I had done to her.

        Letting out a deadly growl attempting to frighten my intruder away. But they knocked again. I shot up, enraged, ready to holler at who dared to come up when I made specific instructions for no one to.

        Opening the door I let a gruesome snarl escape and looked down at the petite female, I realized my mistake for not scenting out the intruder. There, in front of me stood the person who had occupied my dreams, who I only thought of, who I desperately wanted to hold and cherish; there stood my entire existence, my mate.

        "E-Ellie...W-what are you doing here?" Dear Fates! She had me stuttering now. An Alpha never showed absolutely any weakness, and stuttering was a sign of weakness. However, from what I have heard, true mates brought out a side of each other that no mere wolf would have the privilege to witness. I guess that justified my moment of weakness.

        Ellie looked really nervous herself. She had a tray of food in her hands and it was shaking a tad bit.

        "Uh... Beta Jace told me to come here and give you this." She indicated at the tray. I made a mental note to thank Jace later. He knew I wouldn't eat with the knowledge that my mate was no where near my side, where she belonged.

        I smiled small and moved aside. Indicating for her to come inside.

        She seemed hesitant at first but compelled after a few seconds. I could smell the fear off of her. It made my heart ache knowing that she was afraid of me. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Reminding myself to be patient, this would take a while.

        "Uh A-alpha, Beta Jace said not to leave until you are finished. I could leave if you want though" She mumbled as she kept her eyes to the ground and her chin to the side, displaying her neck in submission.

        I let out a fierce growl, hating my mate treating herself lower than myself. She was my equal, she would look me in the eyes and speak loud. And she would never address me so formally and would absolutely never ever even think that I would want her to leave my side even for a second.

        Seeing her flinch at my growl, seemed to have brought me back to my senses. I needed to learn to control my temper and my wolf. I had to take this slow and needed to understand that she still feared me. Letting out a deep calming breath and soaking up every ounce of patience I had in me.

        "First, please don't call me Alpha, just call me by my name, same with Jace, you are more dominate than him. And don't think for a second that I would want you to leave, please just, just don't leave me." The last bit had came out as a soft whisper filled with desperation and need. But as every male mate I did not care for my pride, this is Ellie, my mate I would bare myself to her in every way and form.