Chapter Twelve {edited}

Chapter Twelve

Ellie

        Bringing back the little girl and her brother was something I dreaded. I knew that the minute she entered the pack house, all eyes would be on her and she would go back to her guarded self.

        I sent out a warning to everyone through the pack link, my tone laced with power and control. My protectiveness over these young children were bringing out the Luna within me, slowly illuminating the Omega. 

        As we approached the front yard of the pack house, the little girl gripped my hand tightly. 

        She was scared, it was so evident. 

        Pausing my walk, I nodded at Aiden and the others letting them know to go on ahead. I nodded at the little sleeping boy in Aiden's arms, indicating to take him along. Aiden opened his mouth, seeming ready to protest but one look from me and his mouth shut closed. 

        As they began to walk away, the little girl cried out in protest for her brother, I lightly squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Don't worry, they're putting him to bed, so he could rest more comfortably." I spoke softly.

        Once the men were out of hearing range, I looked down as she continues to look over my shoulder, watching her brother disappear into the doors of the pack house. Once he was out of sight, her eyes locked with mine and they were full of nervousness, fright and anxiety. I felt my face soften, she looked so vulnerable. 

        "Hey, it's okay. You're gonna be fine now. We're here to take care of you. Everyone in there" I looked back and pointed at the pack house, "they're not going to hurt you. Do you understand?" 

        She nodded softly. I let out a small sigh of relief.

        "So you ready to go in?" I asked. And again only receiving a nod. 

        We walked for a few seconds, before I realized that I still didn't know her name. 

        "What's your name Love?" I spoke looking down, not halting our walk. 

        "Belle" Her whisper so soft, that without my highlighted hearing I wouldn't have heard her.

        "That's a beautiful name Belle, and what's your bother's name?" 

        "Eric" 

        "Well Belle, welcome to the Midnight Blue Pack" I spoke as I open the doors to the pack house.

                                 o-o-o-o

Aiden

        I jerk open the door to my office, not necessarily angry but not necessarily happy either. 

        Ellie stood up to me! She spoke like a true Luna, I couldn't be more happy. Bringing home two children whose parents were just slaughtered, it's a true act of a Luna. But she didn't even think twice of the danger it could bring to our pack. What if they're wanted? What if they lead more rogues to territory? We barely survived the last rogue attack, how are we to hold up yet another? 

        "Whoa! Seems like someone isn't happy" I hear a voice behind me, turning around I watch as my Beta, Jace walks in. 

        "It's nothing" I say, distress evident in my voice.