Oatmeal Cookie

"Huh?" I breathe out, below a whisper.

Mrs. Uchiha carries on with her conversation, turning away from me and Sasuke, "Yes, I'll be on the lookout... Good luck finding him, buh-bye."

She hangs up and places the phone back in the dock. Looking over at both of us, she purses her lips, "What trouble have you gotten yourself into, Naruto?"

My breath hitches, "Really b-big trouble..."

Mikoto eyes us suspiciously, darting her onyx eyes between me and Sasuke, "...I won't pry. Tell me whenever you can."

I let out a massive gust of air that I didn't know I was holding, "...Th-Thank you, Mrs. Uchiha."

"But that doesn't mean you're off the hook." She brings up, "You both smell like a swamp. Go take a shower, both of you. The water is gonna ruin my floors."

I perk up, "Y-Yes! Right a-away! I'm sorry!"

Mikoto laughs, "You don't have to apologize, Naruto. Just use Sasuke's bathroom upstairs, okay?"

"As for you, Sasuke, c'mere." She sticks out her finger, flexing it to beckon him. Sasuke hesitantly approaches Mikoto with tense shoulders. She quickly latches onto his cheek and pulls the skin between her fingers.

"What are you tryna pull, eh? Going out at night while it's raining- You scared me shitless!" She lectures, pinching his cheek.

"Ma...!" He whines out, "I didn't know it was gonna rain!"

"I don't wanna hear your excuses!" She glances back at me, "Go set up Naruto in the bathroom. Towels, clothing, soap, all that. You can take a shower after him, got it?"

"Got it..." He grimaces. Mikoto lets go of his cheek, letting the skin snap back and leaving his pale cheek pink in irritation.

"Thank you, sweetie." She smiles at him and kisses his cheek, pushing Sasuke towards me.

Sasuke holds onto my wrist and drags me upstairs with an embarrassed scowl. I giggle under my breath at the dynamic with his mother and follow him into the bathroom. Sasuke slugs my luggage on the bathroom floor and closes the door behind us, pushing the lock closed.

"Haha!" I continue to laugh at him playfully, "You're a little momma's boy, Sasuke!"

He tints pink, "N-No... I'm not."

"Yes, you are!" I approach him closely, pinching the opposite cheek that his mother did, "It was so cute!"

"W-Whatever." He crosses his arms and averts his eyes, blushing lightly.

I rise on my tiptoes and kiss his forehead, releasing his cheek and wrapping my arms around him. I press my head against Sasuke's chest and hug him happily.

"I can't believe that we got away with it." I gush, "I thought it was... the end."

"Never." Sasuke tells me, "Even if it was the end, I would never let you go."

I look up at him through teary eyes, "I love you."

"I love you too."

Sasuke gifts me with a peck on the lips, retracting from the hug to set up my shower. He grabs a towel from the closet and fishes through my luggage for comfortable clothing. Placing both the towel and clothing on the hamper outside the shower, Sasuke fixes the water to my liking.

I stand behind him, "You know, you don't have to do this every time I sleepover. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself. We've done this millions of times already."