Coffee Almond

I scold Sasuke, still out of breath, "Y-You! Haah... Hahh... Teme! I-I missed my l-lunch break!"

Sasuke walks over to his solidarity seat and shoves the stale bread in my mouth, "Shut it. Dog boy takes his break next; he'll be here any minute."

"Hmph!" I cross my arms and look away. It's his fault that I'll go hungry all day!

I slump down in the corner of the room and nibble on the bread Sasuke gave me. Just as he said, Kiba bursts through the door with his lunch in his hands and sits next to me.

"Hey, Naruto!" He looks over at Sasuke, "Yo, Sasuke, you're here too!"

"What's up?" Sasuke waves.

"Hehe..." Kiba laughs and hooks his arm around me, "I wanted to ask Naruto an important question!"

Sasuke raises his eyebrow, "What?"

Kiba grins and nudges me in the side, "Apparently our innocent little Naruto has finally scored a girlfriend!"

Oh, I thought he forgot about that...

"Haha. That's rich." Sasuke teases.

"W-What did you want to ask?" I question, staring at the floor to avoid making eye contact with Sasuke.

"C'mon, bro? Isn't it obvious? I want to know who this chick is!" Kiba badgers.

He's sitting right in front of you.

"W-Why do you want to know so badly?" I mumble.

"Don't chicken out now! I wanna meet my friend's girlfriend!" Kiba asserts.

I've really dug myself in a pit of lies. How do I avoid this situation?!

"I-I have to go back to work. My break ended already." I stand up to leave but Kiba yanks me back down.

"You're no pussy! Just tell me, dude! You have like five minutes left anyway!" He pressures me.

"U-Um... she's... uh... she's..."

"She's my cousin." Sasuke chimes in with a big fat lie, "Right, Naruto?"

Sasuke doesn't even have a cousin, but I'll play along.

I lie, "Y-Yeah... She's his cousin, definitely..."

Kiba whips his head over to Sasuke, "For real?"

He nods.

"Man! I thought it was gonna be Ino for sure! Does that mean that you cheated on your girlfriend, Naruto?" Kiba notions.

"I did not! I would never do that!" I dismiss the idea.

"Then what did you both do in the bathroom together?" He asks.

"I told you before. W-We just talked." I stutter.

"Impossible. Two horny teenagers in a private space always lead to some sexual tension." Kiba claims, giving me the side-eye.

Why he is so adamant about blaming me?

"By that logic, would you cheat on Hinata if you were in a room alone with Ino?" I challenge him.

This leaves Kiba speechless for a second, "...N-No... I-I wouldn't."

"Exactly. So please stop assuming I'd do the same." With that remark, I stand up and leave the room. Sasuke gets up and follows me, grabbing both our aprons on the coat hanger.

I step down the stairs, Sasuke walking down beside me. He hands me my apron and I put it over my head. We reach the bottom of the stairs and I try to tie the string in the back.