Marshmallow Pie

(SASUKE'S POV) - EARLIER

"Sasuke-sama, we really must be going to the airport right now. You're going to miss your flight at this rate."

I shoo the butler away with the flick of my wrists, "A little longer, Kabuto."

"If I may ask, what are you even waiting here for?" Kabuto inspects our surroundings with a wary look, twirling his umbrella around, "This playground looks abandoned, sir."

I sigh, "I don't know. I just want to clear my head is all. Please leave me be for a little longer."

He checks his watch and hesitantly agrees, "Okay... But we seriously have to get going in the next ten minutes. Are you sure you don't want to stay in the car, at least? It's raining pretty hard."

The rain beats against my back harshly, "I'll be fine. Thanks."

Kabuto leaves me in this empty area of land to go back to the limo. I'm plotted down on the grass with my arms hugging my legs and body pointed towards the large beaming moon. To be frank, I don't know why I'm here. I guess I'm just not willing to leave yet. Kabuto drove me around for a while and I asked to stop here because the location is so familiar to me.

This is the place Naruto and I would meet up at when we would sneak out. The last time we were here, though, Kiba almost caught us and I had to take Naruto's bike home. Even though it was a whole year ago, I still remember it pretty well.

I let out a scoff.

God, I'm so cheesy. Here I am, sitting, waiting for Naruto to show up like some mushy soap opera. Divine miracles like that never happen in real life. What would he even be doing here in the first place? I bet Naruto doesn't even know I'm leaving today...

I wish I could just see him again, one last time; hear his adorable raspy voice and contagious hearty laugh. I would give anything to see that precious expression of happiness on his face; his whiskered cheeks feathered with pink in embarrassment, or his blond eyelashes flutter when he's bashful. And his eyes, gosh, I could stare into them all day and still never get tired of the sight. They're always so blue and euphoric, even when he's crying or brimming with anger. You can truly see the passion in the way they twinkle and shine. That, paired with his obnoxiously over-the-top personality that completely contrasts mine... I can't get enough.

But the thought of anyone else cherishing my Naruto fills me with overwhelming rage. When we were separated at my house, I was most regretting the life Naruto's parents had laid out for him, rather than mine. I could care less about my fate. I just don't want anyone to have Naruto. Why? Because he's mine.

I don't want to share. And I don't care how possessive that sounds, either. I don't want my future husband forced into a straight marriage with anticipated kids. I don't care how much we get separated from each other, Naruto is going to end up with me and we are going to have a family together. I'm sure of it. When I leave overseas, I'm planning to return to him in five years regardless of what his parents have planned for him. I just hope that, within that time, he doesn't forget about me...

Could he ever forget me? In fact, does he even still love me now after all these months? Does Naruto miss me as much as I miss him? I spent most of my days in my room, avoiding food and lounging around. I'm surprised my grades didn't drop at all, but I guess I was just on autopilot as I completed assignments from home. Really, the only thing on my mind was Naruto and when I would ever get to see him again.