Bonus 3: Cannoli

(SASUKE'S POV)
Five Years Later

"I'm nervous, guys." I mumble over the phone.

"Aww, don't be. Everything is gonna be alright." Sakura reassures me.

"But it's been so long. What if he's changed? What if I changed? What if he doesn't like me after all this time?"

Neji chimes in, "Don't be an idiot. You guys are basically soulmates. Don't you talk to him on the phone every day?"

"That's true... but we haven't seen each other in person since I left that day. What if I look ugly to him now?"

"Is that a joke? Don't be all insecure now. You're hotter than ever before, and this is coming from a lesbian, Sasuke." Sakura claims.

"Yeah! You look very youthful, I'm sure!" Lee adds.

"We're all rooting for you. This will go amazing. Trust me." Sakura encourages me.

"The ring that you selected is lovely, too. I've never seen an engagement ring using a pink tourmaline before. It's always a diamond or crystal usually." Neji marvels.

"Agh, don't remind me. Is it too unique? Would Naruto prefer something more traditional?" I question.

"It's fine! Stop being a worrywart!" Sakura lectures me, "I'm sure Naruto is gonna love it. Besides, it's not about the ring, it's about your proposal. As long as you pull that off, it won't matter what you put on his finger. He'll be too elated to care."

I sigh, "I guess you're right..."

"Stop sighing. At least pretend to be confident, Sasuke. You want to make a good impression for Naruto, right?" Neji advises, "For someone who graduated at the top of their class, you're rather paranoid."

"College was easy. But Naruto... Naruto is the love of my life. I can't mess this up."

"And you won't. Have a little faith in yourself."

Lee declares, "That's right, Sasuke! You take that ring and propose it to Naruto with extreme vigor and passion! Scream on the top of your lungs, 'Oh, Naruto, my love! Will thou join me in holy matrimony till death do we part? I promise to cherish thee and—'"

"Sasuke is not going to propose in old English, Lee!" Sakura chides.

"But why not? It's the most sophisticated and smart way to say it!"

"It's too cheesy!"

"Okay. Okay, you two. Shut up. I'm just gonna go with the traditional phrase. Nothing fancy." I shut them both down.

"I agree." Neji relates, "You'll overwhelm him with phrases like that. It's best to stick to the original way to ask for marriage. It sounds classy."

"Are you almost there, Sasuke?" Sakura changes the subject.

"Yeah." I grip the steering wheel and stare nervously at the convoluted road ahead of me.

"Okay! Don't forget to give him the flowers when you arrive!"

"Fix your outfit too. The suit and button-up is a nice look, but only when it's tidy." Neji affirms.