Caramel Bananas

'Faggot!'

'Disgusting!'

No! Stop it!

'Gross.'

'I wish I never knew you.'

Stop! I don't deserve this!

'Fucking gay...'

'Monster!'

We don't deserve this!

'It's unnatural!'

Leave us alone!

'I'm going to tell everyone.'

Don't you dare!

'They'll be so disgusted.'

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!!!

...Sasuke... Where is Sasuke?

I won't let anything happen to him!

'You are both fags...'

He is not! We are not!

Where is Sasuke?!

Sasuke.

Sasuke...

"Sasuke!" I jolt up from bed, my eyes cloudy with tears.

A dream? It was only a dream...

"Naruto," Sasuke calls, woken up from my sudden outburst, "Are you okay?"

I grip the sheets in my hands, "I-I just had a nightmare. It's no big deal."

Sasuke cups my face, "It's a big deal to me. You're crying."

I sniff, "No... I'm not..."

He sits up and hugs me, pressing my face against his naked chest, "It's okay to cry."

"B-But I'm not crying..." I persist with the obvious lie, salty tears streaming down my face.

We stay in that comforting position for a while, Sasuke's hand rubbing soothing circles into my back. I don't like this. I wish we could be happy right now.

But of course, we can't. I gave Sakura all our money in exchange for her silence about our relationship.

...I must get it back. I don't know how, but I must.

"Sasuke," I assert, "I swear, I'll get the money back."

"How? How will you manage that?" He tells me, leaning his head on my hair.

I ball the sheets up, squeezing them in the warmth of my palm, "I'll... find something to blackmail her with. And steal the money back!"

I'll do anything to ensure Sasuke's safety! Even if it means committing a crime!

"Tough talk for the guy who gave it away in the first place." Sasuke jabs.

"I only did that to keep her from spilling our secret. I have no intention of letting her keep that money." I explain with furrowed brows.

"Oh really? So it was all part of your master plan?" He teases me.

I retract from his grip and glare at him, "Teme! This is serious! I'm going to get that money back! Believe it!"

Sasuke raises an eyebrow, "Don't even think for a second that I'll let you leave right now. You are injured and sick, Naruto."

"That's irrelevant! I feel fine!" I claim.