Bonus 2: Beignet

"No, you hang up." I hold Deidara's phone to my ear, smiling happily against it.

"No, youuu." I repeat, blushing lightly as I talk on the phone.

"No—"

"I'll hang up!" Deidara snatches his phone from me and presses the red button, ending my three hour long call with Sasuke.

He huffs, crossing his arms, "Are you really unaware of what you sound like?"

I look back at him from the passenger seat of the car we're in. Itachi is silently driving next to me and Deidara sits in the back. He claims to have car sickness when he sits up front.

"Haha! Sorry!" I giggle, "I just didn't wanna hang up on him!"

Deidara pouts, "I should've never lent you my phone... You guys talked for hours! My battery is shit now!"

"Sorry..." I apologize again, smiling sheepishly at him, "I haven't had a phone for a year now... so I don't go on phone calls often."

Deidara softens at the confession, "Oh. I forgot about that... Do you still want to use the phone?"

"No thanks." I flick my wrists and look forward in my seat, "Sasuke was boarding the plane when we ended the call. He won't be able to talk to me while he's on it."

Itachi speaks up from the driver's seat, "That's good timing though since we're almost there."

I ponder, "Where are we heading anyway?"

"The venue for the photoshoot gig. It's in the farthest outskirts of the city, but the traffic is making us take so long." Itachi says.

Deidara sighs, "I bet we're the only ones who haven't arrived yet! We won't be late, but I know Hidan is gonna say something, that fucking whiner."

"Is Hidan one of your friends?" I ask.

"Unfortunately, yes. Did we tell you about all our friends that are going to be there?"

"No." I respond.

"Hmm... well..." Deidara sits back in his seat and crosses his legs, long blond hair sprawling along the leather cushion, "There should be... maybe six of them coming?"

Itachi corrects him, "Kakuzu can't come. He said he didn't have money to spare for the trip here."

"Pshh. What an excuse. He's so stingy. He probably doesn't want to come because Hidan is there." Deidara gossips, "They're going through another dumb lover's quarrel, probably."

I perk up, "Are all your friends photographers like Itachi?"

"Oh hell no. God forbid Sasori ever gets his hands on a camera. He's a model. Our friend group consists of models and photographers. This gig is an opportunity for both to get scouted." He brings up his hands and starts listing his friends, "Konan is a photographer, but I wish that pretty bitch would model too. Kisame is also a photographer and a damn good one at that. Hidan, fuck that guy. He's a model. Yahiko is a model too... I think."

"That's so cool!" I marvel, "What are you, Deidara?"

"Me?" He scoffs, "Itachi's emotional support."

"You're not a model or photographer?"

"Nah. That's not my passion." He twirls some hair in his finger, "I don't have the patience to be a model. Photographers are different breed too."