Cinnamon Snickerdoodle

(SASUKE'S POV) - EARLIER

Naruto pushes me away from our shared morning kiss, panting like a dog. I suck on my lips and taste the lingering kiss, furrowing my eyebrows at his actions.

"...Don't get... too carried away..." He pants, "You have to... go to school... teme..."

"I don't have to... I rather stay here with you."

"You said it yourself... someone has to be able to... provide for us..." Naruto explains through erotic huffs and puffs.

"I know. I know." I sigh, "But one day of school missed isn't a big deal..."

"Baka. Go to school." He says firmly.

"Damnit, fine. I'll see you later." I grumble.

"Bye~"

I slowly rise to my feet and back away to leave Naruto's side, hesitant to take another step away from my beautiful blond. I turn away and pause, whipping my head back around to peck Naruto one last time. Finally, I leave the room with the sound of a cute giggle behind me, my pale cheeks heating up gradually. Passing the fruit stain on the carpet, I run into my mother on the way out of my room and stop in my tracks immediately.

"Ma!" I voice out in shock, "...Was there anyone at the door?"

She leans on the wall with an unreadable smile on her face, blocking the stairwell from me, "No. You must've been hearing things. Nobody was there."

Obviously not. I just said that to get you out of the room.

"Oh. My bad." I tell her awkwardly, glancing behind her to peer at the stairs, "...I have to go to school now."

She cocks an eyebrow, "Why did you lie to me about the door, Sasuke?"

My eyes widen, "Huh?"

"Were you driving me out of the room so you could be alone with Naruto?" My mother guesses with a smirk.

"No." I refute.

She stares into my eyes for a while, trying to see any sign of falsehood. I fold my hands behind my back and squeeze them tightly. We probably only stood here for a few seconds but it felt like hours to me. My mother was practically probing my mind for answers.

"Haha!" She breaks out laughing, "Don't take me so seriously! I'm joking!"

I always fall for her stupid antics. Damnit.

I sigh, "Stop doing that. You always insinuate something malicious."

"Really?" She smiles brightly with her shiny white teeth, "It's all in good fun, Sasuke! You can't take a joke?"

"No."

My mother nudges me in the side with her elbow, "Wipe that grumpy look off your face. It's your first day of school, loosen up a little!"

"I'm going to be late for my first day of school if you keep on with this idle conversation."

She huffs, defeated, "Fine. Go on your way. Don't forget to fix your hair before you leave. Have fun at school, okay?"