1 - New Friends!

The stars were barely visible, covered by a veil of dreary clouds. A shiver descends down your body, the. bitter winds blowing past you. Your world sways, blackening and distorting. Every drop of rain feels like a bullet, rippling through your body. You have no clue where you're going, and feel positively pitiful.

Every muscle in your body seems to become weak. Your legs shake, your teeth chatter, and your thoughts become nothing but a blur. The world sways under your feet; and you're falling, falling, falling...

***

Light leaks in through a crack in some curtains. Duvets enclose you, a mattress beneath you. You're nowhere you recognise; yet somewhere you're comfortable. From what you assume is downstairs, you hear off-key singing and laughter, alongside the sounds of food cooking.

Last night's events flood back to you; the harsh winds, the cruel rain, the feeling of hitting the floor. You shudder slightly.

Sighing, you sit up. You manage your way through the room, the carpet soft beneath your feet. The stairs creak under your weight, and you hold your breath slightly.

The wallpaper is peeling slightly, there's photographs on the wall, and the carpet is faded. It's not shabby, however, and just seems loved.

You stop outside a door, the laughter becoming louder. You take a breath, and open the door.

There is a tall, muscular man with red hair cooking, with a child next to him. They are singing together loudly, giggling.

There is also a young lady sat on the table, muttering to herself and drawing on a piece of paper. She has long rainbow hair, every colour you could imagine, her skin is white, and she's in white dress which hugs her figure at the waist and flares at the skirt, patterned in whimsical doodling a. She looks up at you with brown doe eyes.

"Morning! Did you sleep well? I hope your dreams were filled with beauty." She smiles warmly, standing up and hugging you.

Confusion fills your brain, and you blink a couple of times.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Paige, lovely to meet you. Harry found you last night in the rain. How are you feeling?" She puts a hand on your cheek and forehead. She is cold, and you flinch slightly at her touch.

"Uh, I'm pretty much fine, though really confused...? Who's Harry?" Your mind goes to Harry Styles, and you wonder momentarily if you're in a One Direction fanfic.

"I'll introduce you to him soon. When I find where he is." She rolled her eyes, before giggling. She blinks at you a few times, her eyelashes batting. There's something unhinged about her, yet her smile suggests she's more than trustworthy.

"This is Steve, cooking, and that's Kat, next to him."

Steve waves at you. You raise your hand, waving back, beginning to feel less discombobulated.

Paige grabs your hand and takes you into another room, a living room.

"Shrignold." Her eyes avert to a short, probably gay, man on the couch.

"Paige?"

"This is y/n. Harry found her last night. Isn't she pretty?"

Shrignold nods, offering you a smile, standing up and kissing your hand.

"Good morning, miss. I'm Shrignold. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you."

"Oh- thank you."

"Where's Colin and Tony? I thought they'd be in here."

More people?

" I think Tony went to Asda to get cereal or something. Colin's still in bed."

"Mmmkay. See you, Shrig."

"Bye."

You hear the front door open. Paige takes you to the hallway, and you're face to face with a handsome, young man, around Paige's age.

"Tony!" Paige says and runs over to him.

"Hello!" He says, grinning at her. "ah, are you the girl Harry found last night?"

"Yes." You answer. (I mean, who else would you be??)

"I'm Tony, pleasure to meet you." He ruffles Paige's multi-coloured hair. She swats his hand away, but she's smiling.

A boy with thick glasses comes down, his face screaming angsty teen.

"Colin, you finally join us." Paige teases, reminiscent of a mother talking to her teenage son.

He says nothing, except, "who the fuck is that?"

"Oh, it's y/n. Sorry, I forgot nobody told you. Harry found her last night."

He rolls his eyes.

"Last to know, once again." He mutters, before going on his un-merry way.

"Ignore him, he has no social life and doesn't know how to interact with people."

The house is seemingly full to the brim, as another young guy comes down the stairs. His face suggests 20, his vibes suggest 80.

"Robin, this is Y/N. She's who Harry found."

He gives you a polite smile, his features birdlike.

"I hope Paige is making you comfortable."

"I'm not the mother of the house, you know." She says, crossing her arms.

"Mm, sure." He goes on, laughing to himself. Paige rolls her eyes, before giggling about it herself.

You chuckle a little. A man comes out of nowhere with a little boy.

"Ah! Harry! There you are!"

"Hello, Paige." His voice and facial expression suggest he is bored, but there is something lively behind his eyes.

"Is that the hot girl you were on about?" Asks the little boy.

"Manny, shut up." He says, his cheeks burning red. You laugh hard. "If you didn't catch on already, I found you in the rain." Says Harry.

"Well, thank you for that. Thanks for making sure I don't die." You joke. "and thanks for looking after me, Paige."

"Oh, no problem." Paige says. She pulls you into a tight hug. You hug her back. Friends weren't something you had a lot of, but right now, you felt invincible.

Maybe this is start of something special.