7 - Dad!

TW: abuse

"What?" You say, glancing at Paige for an answer.

"Oh, God. Poor thing." Paige says, chewing her lip.

"What?!" You repeat, becoming more confused.

"As a kid... oh, god, he went through some shit. That's why he lives with us.. Harry rescued him from that... that... monster."

"Oh, God" you say, putting an arm around him. He's shaking. The doorknob twists, and it becomes apparent that Manny never shut the front door, let alone lock it.

A very ugly man comes into the room. Manny squeaks and hides behind you. He smiles, but it's not a nice smile. It's not a smile that makes you trust someone: it's a smile that makes you cower away.

"Hello, son. Want to come see your old dad?" He asks. Manny says nothing, just whimpers softly.

You feel some kind of anger hold you.

"Go away."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Piss off. Leave us alone." You repeat, your fists balling.

"No, young lady, it's not as easy as that. My son is arrogant, ignorant, and rude. It's fine time someone showed him a punishment."

Manny squeaks.

"No he doesn't. He hasn't done anything wrong. Look at him, he's just a kid." Manny looks up at you with big eyes. Roy leans forward and pins you against the wall, his hand around your neck.

"Listen here, you little bitch. You need to stop sticking your nose in other people's business. Otherwise you could find yourself very, very hurt."
Suddenly his hand loosens and you fall to the floor with a groan. Paige comes down to you, checking your neck.

"Leave them alone!" You hear someone yell. Harry. He begins cussing at him.

"I'll kill you!"

"No! Stop!" You scream, picking yourself up. "Stop fighting!" They stop and turn to you. "Nobody's going to kill anyone!"

"Watch me." Roy says, and continues to fight Harry. Eventually, Tony and Steve manage to break up the fight.

They chuck Roy off Harry as the door knocks. Turns out Paige has called the police as Roy grabbed you. You are thankful to have a friend with some common sense.

The police arrest him, and drag him away in a police car.

An ambulance is called for Harry, who will now have to spend even more time in hospital.

A while later, you are in the waiting room when Paige says, "it's not just Manny."

"Hmm?" You ask, not too sure what she's going on about.

"We were part of his "punishment". He made us do things we never would do in real life. Horrible, violent things..." she shudders. "It hurts me knowing I'm capable of things like that, even if it wasn't really me doing them."

"Oh..." you respond, not too sure how to respond.

"Yeah."

Tony comes in. "Oh my god, are you okay?"

"Yeah" you begin to say, but he's talking to Paige. Well, not so much "talking" as much "kissing".

"Poor kid. He's gonna have bad dreams for the next few weeks." Paige says.

"As long as you're all safe. I love you."

"I love you too."

Wow. You never realised how serious they were. Robin comes out of a room.

"He's gonna be fine, they just need to keep him the night to ensure he doesn't die or something, I wasn't really listening."

"Okay, cool" you say, and you all head home.