20 - House!

Not a very long one I'm sorry </3

"Isn't it awful that Paige and Tony got divorced?" Harry says when you are in bed that night. He's spooning you, so you're facing the wall, and his arms are around your waist.

"Yeah. I would have thought that they were the most likely to stay together." You think back to that shouting. It makes you cringe.

"I wonder who will get the house." Harry says. "It's a nice house."

You sigh. "Yeah."

"Why are they divorcing anyway? They seem to get along pretty well."

"We haven't seen them in 2 years. Things change, and... and he was screaming at her."

"All couples have arguments."

"You couldn't shrug it off to an argument, Harry. You know Tony. He never gets truly angry, even if he does always seem mildly annoyed. That was scary. Either Paige did something awful, or..."

Harry tenses up behind you. "He wouldn't... right?"

"I would hope not. But if he was... then we have to support Paige."

He nods. "Yeah..."

Somebody knocks at the door.

You open it and Paige comes in. "Looks like I'll be staying here a while... just thought I'd let you know."

"Didn't get the house, then?" Harry says. You slap his arm.

"Pardon?"

"Sorry, ignore him, Paige. Yes, of course you can stay. Want a cup of tea?"

"Yeah, please."

You head to the kitchen with her and make her one.

"Thank you." She cradles it and looks downwards. She doesn't look happy at all.

"Paige, can I ask you a question?" You sit across from her.

"I think you're going to anyway."

"Why did you and Tony get divorced? Were you having issues?"

She pauses. "Well, yeah, I guess."

"What was going on, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. I'll tell you another day, don't worry. I just don't really want to..." her voice trails off. "After how he reacted, I'm not quite ready."

How he reacted.

You nod. "Okay, Paige, another time."

"It's just, some stuff happened and-"

"It's okay, Paige."

She doesn't respond, just sips her tea, her hands shaking. "I-I-I'm sorry for being such a burden." She says quietly. "I've always felt like one. And now it's been confirmed that I am. I'm sorry, Y/N... I'm not enough."

"Paige..."

"I'm going to bed." She says quietly, placing the mug on the table. You see it's still half full. She goes upstairs, saying nothing, leaving you sat by yourself.