15 - Dance!

you're gonna love me.

You're waiting outside the church. Paige is clutching her bouquet to her chest.

"I don't think I've ever been more nervous." She laughs slightly. You glance at her shaking hands. You take one and squeeze it.

"You'll be fine." You tell her. "You're gonna be so happy. And you're the most beautiful bride I've ever seen."

She smiles and squeezes your hand back. "Thank you, Y/N. You've been the most wonderful friend to me." She pauses. "Maybe part of me is a bit sad I'm getting married."

"What? Why?"

She looks away. "Because it means giving up-" The church organ begins to play. She takes a deep breath. "Nevermind. That's our cue. Thank you, Y/N, I'll miss you."

I'll miss you. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Paige walks into the church with you. All eyes on her. You wonder what the point of a bridesmaid is if she's going to be he centre of attention.

Part of you wonders how it would feel to be in Paige's shoes. And not literally (although her shoes are beautiful).

You watch as she takes her place next to Tony. He looks so happy and you wonder how it would be to have someone look at you like that.

"Do you, Paige, take Anthony to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Paige pauses, glancing over at you before speaking. "I do."

"And do you, Anthony, take Paige to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." He smiles, taking her hand in his. The one you were holding you were just holding a few moments ago.

"You may kiss the bride."

They kiss each other. Everyone naturally tears up at the happy couple, clapping and taking photos. You glance over at Colin, who is not looking as teenage-angsty as usual. He has tears falling down his face. "I always cry at weddings!" He says to Shrignold, who is the exact same.

You head to get champagne. You can't help but feel confused about something that you can't quite place your finger on, and hopefully a drink will help you feel just slightly happier for 2 of your closest friends.

Paige starts greeting everyone. Turns out, Tony's parents do not like Paige and Paige's parents don't like Tony. At least it's mutual, you think grimly.

You glance over your friends. You never noticed how nicely some of them cleaned up until they were dressed nicely.

And Harry. The sight of Harry in a suit does something to you. You watch as he sips his champagne. He catches your eye and smiles slightly. You smile back.

Someone pulls music out and starts playing everyone's favourite songs. You watch everyone else dance without a care in the world. Normally, you wouldn't have joined them, but the champagne is taking its effect.

Harry comes over to where you're busting some sick moves. "Y/N! Dance with me!"

"Alright!"

He watches you for a moment. "Nice moves." He says, stifling a laugh.

"Go on then." You retort. He begins to dance rather awkwardly. "Oh, yes. Graceful."

"Well, let's be bad dancers together." He smiles. "Shrignold will love it."

The two of you dance for hours. As you both consume more alcohol, he starts getting a bit touchy-feely, his hands caressing your waist.

Once you would have been flustered, but now you lean into his touch, wrapping your hands around his neck. You giggle slightly at the thought of you and him.

"Wanna go home? It's getting late. Manny will be getting tired." He says. You can tell neither of you have no intention of it.

You turn to look at Manny, who was allowed a glass of coke and is now off his face.

"Really? Tired?"

"Maybe not." He smiles. You bury your face in his shoulder and laugh.

"Oh, Harry, I'm just having the best time."

"Me too." He pauses. "Hey, Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"I, uh, I..."

"What's the matter?" You pull up your head to look at him.

"You look beautiful." He doesn't meet your eye. "Maybe you'd like to... go on a date? After this?"

"Maybe." You smile, going to touch his face. "Just maybe."

He smiles. "Perfect. Now, let's dance the night away!"