4 - Crash!

// I think this chapter is one of my earliest documented attempts at angst. Interesting. Remember to vote and comment!

Today doesn't feel right. At all.

It all starts when you go downstairs, and instead of the usual merry tone that goes on in the kitchen, it seems... sad. Paige is sat on a chair rather than the table, and is drinking black coffee (something she swears she hates), Steve looks like he is in disbelief, and Kat is silent and staring at her lap.

"What's the matter?" You asked.

"It's awful." Paige's voice is barely a whisper. Her eyes well up with inky tears.

"What's awful?" You feel panic rise up your chest.

"It's Harry. He was out last night," Paige's breath becomes shaky.  "He didn't see the car. He's in the hospital." She begins to sob. Kat flinches slightly at the sound, and she's crying too before long.

"Harry's in the hospital?! Well, we need to go there! Now!" You say. The urgency in your voice is clear, however Paige shakes her head slowly.

"It's not visiting time yet, it's too early. You need to obey the rules and stuff."

You, however, not giving a fuck about rules and stuff, run like Lightning McQueen to the hospital.

You run past the front desk, and the lady tells you that it isn't visiting time yet, but you carry on running. Your lungs beg you to stop, your vision is becoming misty, but your brain won't send the signals to stop you.

You woosh past the hospital rooms, looking left and right, when you see him.

You wander into the room. He's asleep.  You reach out and brush his hand. He's freezing. Your vision becomes mistier. Tears begin to fall down your face, your throat tightening, and you sob into his hand. You let every tear out because the person you love is dying and you want it all to be normal.