Chapter 8

(Third Person POV)

Imala now stood in front of the entrance towards the sewers. She looked down, the footprints were leading inside. Narrowing her eyes, she began to make his way inside. She walked through the tunnel. Looking around, she didn't see anything or anyone. But she felt watched. She looked over her shoulder but saw no one. She also didn't hear anything.

She brushed the feeling off and continued to walk further. After a few more steps, Imala's ears perked up. She quickly looked to her left, into the dark tunnel. She tilted her head to the side.

"Oh! You've found me!" She heard a cheerful voice. She turned her whole body at the cursed spirit. The curse walked out of the shadows with a smile.

"Hi, there!" Imala eyed the curse carefully. He looked like a human, but a few parts of his body were patched. She also noticed that one of his eyes was blue and the other one was gray. He also has grayish hair. He can also talk, so she assumed he was a special-grade. A large smile appeared on his lips. Imala tilted her head to the side, confused. He himself eyed Imala carefully.

"I know you! You're the girl Geto-kun mentioned!" Imala's blue eyes immediately widened. Many questions suddenly filled her mind. Was he talking about that Geto? Was he talking about Geto Suguru, the one she also grew up with?

"Oh? You know him, don't you?" The curse walked closer to Imala with a smirk on his face. Imala took a few steps back and looked him straight in the eye.

"I wonder... What would happen if I bring him your head?" The curse chuckled. Imala glared and took a few steps toward him before she appeared behind him and prepared to kick him. As soon as the curse noticed, he dodged her attack.

"My, my! You're sly as a fox! Just as Geto told me." The curse cheered. Imala wasted no time and attacked him again. Imala was about to punch him but instead, she punched the wall as he dodged again. A crack appeared on the wall.

"That was close!" He landed on his feet and sighed. The cheerful smile he had now turned into a smirk.

"It's my turn now!" He said before charging at Imala. Purple flames formed around his fists but Imala remained calm. As he was about to punch her, she moved to the side. He repeated the same thing over and over. But he wasn't able to hit her.

Imala's back suddenly met with the cold wall. She gasped a bit. Taking this as an opportunity, the curse swung his hand at her. It could've been a clear hit if not for Imala to disappear. She fell through the wall, leaving the curse confused. He blinked.

"Wasn't expecting that?" Imala asked as she got lost inside the walls. The curse couldn't see her, but she could see him. He giggled and placed his hands on his hips.

"You're no fun! Come on, show yourself." He looked around the area. Imala kept quiet though. A pout found its way to the curses' lips.

"Really? Aww, I wanted to have at least some fun. Welp! By the way, the name's Mahito! You're Imala, right? Such a cute name!" The curse walked around and stared at the wall. Trying to see Imala.

Imala then came out of one of the walls. And as soon as she did that, he attacked her. The same flame formed around his fist, he was about to punch her in the face but he missed yet again. But she didn't disappear into the walls.

"Huh?" Imala appeared behind him and kicked him right into his stomach. He flew backward and rolled on the ground before stopping. He chuckled.

"Such strong legs! That wasn't you right, it was an illusion. You're really something!" He looked up at Imala who was now standing in front of him. She had her hands in her pockets, there was a bored expression on her face.