Chapter 17

(Imala's POV)

"So anyway, a lot happened and some people died." Satoru said after he walked inside the room where all the students were. This was the day after we got attacked. And now we were discussing whether to continue the Exchange Event or not.

"Want to continue, or not?" Satoru looked at us. We all stayed quiet. I could care less since I wouldn't apply anyway. Toudou then spoke up.

"Obviously. We will continue." All eyes fell on his figure.

"Your reasons?" Satoru asked. Quietly, I made my way next to Inumaki and sat down next to him. As Toudou began to explain why we should continue, I placed my hands on the table. Then, I moved my head down on my forearms and closed my eyes. After a while, all of the students began to agree that we should continue.

"Will we draw lots for the individual battle pair-ups?" Maki asked from my left side.

"Huh? There are no individual battles this year." Satoru answered and the room suddenly remained very quiet. Everyone was clearly confused why there were no individual battles.

"I hate routines, you know? Every year, we put the competition methods in this box, and open it the day of." Satoru said. I looked over at him. He was holding a wooden box in his hand. Then he tossed it to Itadori.

Itadori looked at Satoru, a bit confused. Satoru then nodded and Itadori pulled out a small piece of paper from inside the box. He opened it in his hands and suddenly, my uncle and principal Gakuganji.

"Baseball?!" My uncle yelled as he read the word written on the paper.

"You're here too?!" Itadori yelped as soon as he noticed my uncle next to him. I blinked as soon as I noticed Satoru innocently walking away from us with his hands in his pockets.

So now we're here, at the baseball court. I was sitting between Fushiguro and Inumaki as we watched Kugsaki. The next thing we hear was some rolling sounds. I fixed my gaze on one of the Kyoto students.

"The heck is that?" I asked myself as soon as I saw some kind of machine. 'Mechamaru' was written on its side.

"Hold on!" Kugisaki threw her helmet on the ground and began to walk towards Mai with anger.

"Kugisaki snapped!" Itadori stood up just like the rest and rushed over to Kugisaki. Panda somehow managed to catch Kugisaki right in front of Mai.

"That's obviously a pitching machine!" I heard Kugisaki yell at Mai.

"What are you talking about? It's a spare. A spare Mechamaru. We don't have a choice since your Panda broke him the other day."

'Why did nobody tell me about that?'

After Kugisaki calmed down a bit the game continued. After she hit the ball, she literally threw away the baseball bat and started running towards the first base.

"She's really desperate." Fushiguro commented. I nodded in agreement. Now, it was Fushiguro's turn. Kugisaki prepared to run and as soon as the bat hit the ball, she ran toward the next base. Although, Fushiguro was out.

Panda was now batting. After he hit the ball, he got to the first base and Kugisaki got to the third one. Now, it was Maki's turn. The hit was awesome but, that witch caught the ball in the air so... We still won though.

Now, they were just pinching for fun and I watched them play. Also, Axanam was out. I called him out before because I wanted to make sure that he healed, and he did. He was completely fine now.

I was sitting on the bench while he was lying on the ground not too far from me. Kugisaki was picking a fight with Mai while the rest laughed at them. Itadori then pinched the ball a little too far.