Chapter 19

Inherited Technique

Swift Move - She is capable of moving faster than any other human. This also allows her to give quick attacks.

---

"Sentinel!" I yelled. After the blue circles disappeared Sentinel was standing in front of me, waiting for my orders.

"Destroy as many curses as you can." I said. Taking the sword that Fushiguro gave to me and preparing to attack. We were destroying the curses for a while now. It was all going alright up till now.

"Kugisaki!" I yelled as soon as I saw her being pulled away. Fushiguro noticed this as well but he was too late and couldn't pull her back towards us. 

"Damn it! She gets sucked away so often!" Fushiguro mumbled. I tightened my grip around the sword.

'She's going to be okay... She can take care of herself, I don't have to worry about her.'

I began to convince myself. Suddenly, the green curse runs past me and Fushiguro and disappeared.

"Should I let it go?" Itadori made his way towards us.

"Chase after it!" Both I and Itadori looked at Fushiguro.

"Both of them went outside of the barrier! She might be dealing with something more troublesome than we expected!" Fushiguro was right with this. 

"Itadori. Go help her. I will stay with Fushiguro." I looked at him. He stared at me for a few seconds before nodding and walking away.

"If things get bad in here, then come out. Both of you." He said. I nodded my head and turned my back towards him, just like Fushiguro did.

"You should've gone with him." Fushiguro gave me the side-eye. There was a hint of worry in his eyes.

"I'm not going to leave you here alone, even if you're stronger than me." I gently smiled. A small smile made its way to his lips as well but it disappeared as soon as he looked in front of him.

"Let's do this." He said and began to run towards the curses with me following. The small curses were falling down like flies as we began to exorcise them.

"Last one!" Fushiguro swung his sword at the curse and exorcised it.

"Did we get them all?" He asked, catching his breath. I wiped away the small amount of sweat that I had on my face and nodded.

"I think we did." I took a deep breath and suddenly the oxygen got caught in my throat. I heard something big falling on the ground. My blue eyes wandered to my left and there it was. White curse with black stripes.

"Imala." I heard Fushiguro's voice but I didn't look at him. My eyes were fixed on the curse. I felt terrified for some reason. Could it be... Because of what happened last time?

"Imala!" Fushiguro turned me towards him and our blue eyes met. Both of his hands were on my cheeks.

"Get out of here! Go help Kugisaki and Itadori!" He said. My mind was blank. Right now, for me, it was hard to think. I couldn't leave Fushiguro alone. I snapped out of my thoughts when Sentinel grabbed me and moved me out of the way. I saw a half of Fushiguros sword on the ground, broken.

"Imala! Get out of here!" My eyes snapped at him and I froze as soon as I saw the curse behind him. Thankfully, his wolf pulled him out of the way just on time.

"Nue!" Fushiguro called out. The next thing I saw was Fushiguro hitting the wall with his back. Blood spread across his face and the surface around him. He seemed to be unconscious. This means, that I'm next. And I was right. 

I couldn't protect myself from the attack because I was scared. Sentinel couldn't protect me because he disappeared. I was thrown from side to side like some kind of a toy. It was hard to process things.

A hand was then wrapped around my neck. The curse picked me up from the ground and squeezed. It felt like my neck is going to snap any time soon. I began to squirm and received an even tighter grip from the curse if that was even possible. My vision was getting blurry and my eyes began to close. And just when I thought that everything was lost, the curse threw me to the ground and jumped away.

"Domain Expansion:" I looked up and saw Fushiguro standing in front of me. His eyes were dark and there was anger written all around his face. He was protecting me.

"Chimera Shadow Garden!" The ground was suddenly black and the surface looked like water. He began to laugh like a maniac. If I was the curse right now, I'd piss myself at how scary he looked.

I couldn't bring myself to pay any attention. I was tired, and I wanted to sleep so badly but I couldn't. Knowing that Fushiguro could get hurt at any time now. Just like Kugisaki and Itadori. They could be hurt really badly right now. And I'm just lying on the ground, and everybody is fighting.

"I'm tired." I heard Fushiguro say.

"Yeah. Me too." I answered before looking around. The barrier was gone. This means that he did it, he exorcised the curse. I heard him walking towards me and when he was close enough he kneeled down next to me. His face was covered in blood and I felt guilt all over my body.

"I'm sorry for not helping you. I couldn't do anything." I mumbled. He shook his head and placed his hand on top of my head.

"Don't worry about it. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I sat up and looked at him.

"You're asking me? You should be worried about yourself. You're hurt more than I am." I said. He smiled slightly.

"I'm worried about you more." I felt my cheeks heat up a bit and I looked away. Covering my face with my uniform. Suddenly, I narrowed my eyes.

"Fushiguro..." I stood up and looked down at him. He had a confused expression on his face.

"I'm sorry." He opened his mouth but before anything could come out, I punched him right in the face. He fell to the ground, already unconscious. I kneeled down and placed my hand on his head with a pitiful expression.

"You look like a mess." As soon as I looked to the side a person walked out of the shadows, I knew who it was. My eyes were wide and I felt like we were the only two people on the Earth. Everything around me didn't matter, only the person in front of me did. I could tell who it was. Even though I haven't seen her in years. I could tell that this woman, was my sister.