Chapter 20

Barrier Techniques

Sentinel - She will create a demon to protect herself. The demon will slow down eventually to the point where it disappears. The demon has three other forms that can be used as well.

---

"...Mikia..." I mumbled. Walking a bit closer. She walked out of the shadows and now I could see how she looked like. Her green eyes were shining in the dark. Hair color just like mine, blond. But her hair was cut in a medium length.

"Is that... Really you?" I was shocked to see her here. She placed both of her hands into her pockets and looked at me.

"I guess." Her expression was cold. There was anger written all over her face even though she didn't show it. I blinked and she was gone. I looked around but I couldn't see her anywhere. I don't know what happened but I was suddenly pushed against a tree. I choked out my own blood before looking in front of me. I opened my mouth to talk but my voice got caught in my mouth when a hand grabbed my throat in a tight grip. Again.

"Thank you for this." Mikia said. Holding me by my throat while holding Sukuna's finger in her other hand.

"Now... I have some spare time. So why don't we have some fun? I want to see how strong you are!" Before I could react I earned a strong kick that sent me flying in the other direction. I stood up and looked at her.

"Mikia! We don't have to fight! I don't want to hurt you!" I grabbed my side from pain. She blinked at me before she burst out a loud laugh.

"Hurt me?! You have to be kidding me! You've hurt me many times before. So now it's my turn!" She began to run towards me. Even though I don't want to fight her I have to protect myself. I gritted my teeth and began to run towards her as well.

Once we were close to each other I prepared my right fist to punch her. She grabbed my fist and used her other hand to punch me instead which made me fall to the ground. Before I could stand up I earned another punch into my face. She grabbed my leg and threw me away. I rolled on the ground before I came to a stop.

"Seriously? Is that all you've got?" She runs a hand across her face with a groan. I wiped away the blood that was dripping from the side of my mouth.

"I told you already! I don't want to hurt you!" She gritted her teeth and pulled out two swords. One in her left hand and the other in her right. I stood up and grabbed the sword that Fushiguro gave to me.

She runs towards me and swung the sword at me. I protected myself with my sword but I had to move away before she could cut me with the other one. She continued this process repeatedly, and the only thing I could do was back away and dodge every attack.

I turned around and kicked her in her hand, one of the swords went flying away. But I was too late to dodge her other attack and her sword brushed against my left thigh. I hissed from pain and got distracted. She turned me around and her sword brushed against my back. Tearing my uniform as my blood began to run out of the fresh wounds. I screamed from the pain. And she shut me up with a punch in my stomach and I flew backward again.

"Stop whining and fight me already!" Mikia yelled. I placed my hand on my thing and tried to ease the pain even though the one in my back was much bigger.

"I already told you! I'm not going to-"

"I don't care! I want to fight you! I want to see you bleed! The only thing that I want right now, is your death!" She yelled while running towards me. I narrowed my eyes and began to run towards her as well. She swung her sword at me but I dodged in and grabbed both of her legs, making her fall. We rolled on the ground while punching and kicking each other. It didn't take too long before we both realized that we were falling down from the hill.