Chapter 9

(Third Person POV)

Nanami was holding Imala in his arms as they slowly made their way toward Ieiri's office. Itadori was following close behind with his head hanging low.

Itadori thought about what happened when she fought against the curse along with Nanami. But he was also thinking about why she was so distant. He knew that something happened between her and Gojo, but he didn't know what.

She was being quieter than usual. Most of the time, Itadori didn't even see her. But every time he did see her, he noticed the look in her blue eyes. Her eyes were showing no emotions, just like her face. Ever since they met Nanami, she bearly talked with Itadori and didn't smile at least once.

"Itadori-kun, open the doors please." Nanami looked over his shoulder at Itadori. He nodded and opened the doors. Itadori glanced at Imala's face as Nanami walked past him. She was still sleeping.

"Oh? What happened?" Ieiri stood up from her chair once she saw them walking into her office.

"Check her temperature." Nanami said while carrying Imala towards Ieiri. Ieiri blinked. Gently, she placed her hand on Imala's forehead but pulled it away almost immediately.

"She's burning." Ieiri looked at the blond girl with worry. Gojo wasn't the only one who knew Imala from a young age. Imala also grew up with Ieiri by her side.

"What happened?" Ieiri asked while looking at Nanami. Itadori was also wondering about what happened. The only thing he knew was that they fought with a strong curse. Nanami didn't say anything else.

"Itadori-kun, go tell Gojo that I need to speak to him." Nanami looked at Itadori who nodded but didn't say a word. Itadori then left and began to make his way toward Gojo's room. Once he was there he knocked on the door and waited for a while. The doors then opened.

"Yuuji-kun? What are you doing here this late?" Gojo asked as he looked down at the pink-haired boy. Itadori slowly looked up at him and noticed that Gojo wasn't wearing his blindfold.

"Nanami-san wants to speak to you... Imala got hurt." As soon as these words left Itadori's mouth, Gojo's ocean eyes went wide. An incredible wave of worry rushed through his body, and his heartbeat quickly increased. Gojo quickly grabbed his glasses and left his room. He stormed into Ieiri's office, scaring her a bit. Gojo quickly noticed that both Nanami and Imala weren't there anymore.

"He's next door. Imala's body was burning but I think she'll get better in a while... She's resting now. You should check on Nanami first." Ieiri looked at Gojo who simply nodded. Both of them made their way next door. As they entered, Nanami was leaning against the sofa while staring at his phone.

"What happened to her?" Gojo looked at Nanami with narrowed eyes. It has already happened before when Gojo almost killed someone for hurting Imala, and he wasn't afraid to do it again.

"Sit down, both of you." Nanami looked at them. Gojo sat down in front of him while Itadori stood behind Gojo.

"I'm aware that Imala-san can use fire while using her Domain Expansion. Either way, today she could use fire without it. She helped me fight against a curse despite the fact that I told her not to. I don't even know how that's possible, but she used fire against that curse. And well, look at this." Nanami handed Gojo his phone. Itadori noticed how Nanami called Imala by her first name. It made him wonder if they also know each other from a young age. Both Gojo and Itadori looked at the screen. The picture shows a huge hole made inside the walls of the sewers.

"That's what she did while using the fire, it also had a blue color. After that, she passed out. By the look on your face, you didn't know about this, did you?" Nanami faced Gojo while tilting his head to the side. Gojo looked at him.