Chapter 14: A New Family

Samara jolted upright, nearly hitting her head on a potted plant, which hissed at her angrily. She was in unfamiliar surroundings and starting to panic when two identical voices called her.

"Samara!!"

"Fizz...arolli? I'm...I'm seeing double."

She let herself fall back onto the table, clutching her head. Both men rushed over to her.

"It's-s not that. We're both here-e." Fizz chimed in, patting her hand comfortingly.

Samara stared between the two of them.

"What happened? Fizz, your voice box is broken again? Fizzarolli why are you here with Fizz? And where is here?!"

Fizzarolli plopped on the table by her feet, patting her leg.

"Woah woah, slow your roll baby. Let's just start at the beginning."

After they had explained everything to her, Samara whistled low.

"I am so lucky. I can't believe Stolas saved me. And you guys...thank you so much!"

She grabbed both of them up onto a hug, squeezing tightly and kissing both their cheeks. Both men blushed furiously.

"Hey where is Stolas anywa—"

She was cut off by muffled screaming and the sound of crashing pottery upstairs. Hurried footsteps grew closer to the door until Stolas, still dressed for bed and with his feathery chest heaving, scurried in and slammed it behind him. The group regarded each other for a second, as the screaming above faded out and got further away.

"Well, good morning everyone!" He said with false cheeriness.

Fizz cocked his head

"W-what the fuck was tha-at?"

Stolas brushed off his question to say to Samara

"Ah, you're awake! I'm so relieved, everyone was worried sick about you dear."

"Thank you, Prince Stolas." She answered meekly.

He waved her off.

"No need, no need. I would hate to lose your company. You're one of the only things that keeps Mammon bearable these days."

Her face paled immediately.

"Oh my god, Mammon! I never called him yesterday after I picked up Fizz. I completely forgot, he's going to murder me!"

She started freaking out, especially after pulling out her phone and seeing many angry texts and missed messages.

"Ohhh my God!"

Fizzarolli pulled out his phone. He also had similar messages from his agent. Mammon liked for him to remain well within sight and he had been AWOL for an entire day.

Massive bird talons patted each of their heads gently.

"There, there. I have the solution for this, my chicks."

As soon as he'd said this, Samara's phone went off again with the dreaded 'boss' ringtone. Stolas plucked it from her hands and answered. Immediately there was a barrage of muffled curses and threats, not the least of which included dunking Samara into a vat of holy water, to which Stolas cleared his throat and cooed

"My my my, Mammon. You must be careful, you sound like you're going to give yourself an ulcer. Perhaps a vacation is in order soon? I can recommend a few lovely destinations."