Chapter 15: Home & Hitmen

"Oh holy Hell it's good to be home!" Samara crowed, kicking the door to her apartment open and rushing in, Fizz trailing behind her.

They'd bidden Stolas a goodbye and he'd been kind enough to drop them in an alley within walking distance to her apartment, so that the giant glittery portal wouldn't be seen by prying eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       After Fizzarolli departed, Stolas gave Samara a once over to make sure all was well. He deemed her fit to return home, prescribing her a day of rest and pressing some capsules with herbal supplements into her hand for her to take to ensure she got her lost nutrients back, especially iron. He then stepped back and opened a portal for them to go through.

"Now, you take care of her, 'Fizz'. I don't want to hear about any more terrible incidents like this again."

Fizz saluted sarcastically, smirking and giving the Prince a wink.

"Aye aye, s-s-sir. I'll ke-keep a very close eye on Samara."

He blew a kiss to Samara before hopping into the swirling vortex.

Samara turned to the owl demon and beamed up at him.

"Thank you so much, Prince Stolas. I can't even imagine what would have happened if you hadn't intervened." S

he took him off-guard when she threw her arms around him and hugged him, forgetting their massive difference in size and in class.

A delighted hoot came from the Prince, and he hugged Samara back before releasing her.

"My dear little soul, let us hope we never have to find out. With any luck, those two lovesick fools can both keep you safe."

"Lovesick?!"

Samara turned almost entirely red. Stolas chuckled.

"Oh goodness, maybe I've said too much. Samara, don't you see how those two look at you? They both are head over heels in love. They risked their lives and careers respectively to save you."

Samara's ears dropped and her tail flicked nervously.

"Oh. Oh boy, what do I do?!"

       The Royal demon chuckled. He couldn't help but feel fatherly toward the little human. She was only a little older physically than his own Octavia, and still so naive about certain aspects of the world, despite her interest in the vast variety of studies she liked to spend some of her spare time on.

"Why, you must do whatever makes you happy. Do you feel the same about either of them?"

She paced nervously, still clutching the supplements he'd given her, the tiny capsules shifting in their decorative bottles as she moved, causing every anxious step to rattle.

"That's the problem. I like them both for different reasons, and a lot of the same reasons... how do I even choose?"

Stolas rested one of his large hands on her head, patting her hair and stopping her.

"Who says you have to? Take some time to figure out your heart, Samara. But, if you really love them both you should just tell them so. We are in Hell, but people can still be understanding if you give them the chance, and if you're honest with them. It doesn't always work out that way..." his face fell, and his gaze looked a million miles away. "I would know. But you are young, and your fetters are different than mine. You have more freedom still than you think. Live your afterlife."