Getaway Plan

Eli

I was in the kitchen, helping the girls out ice the last section of the cake, all of the entrees, sides, different drink combinations, and of course dessert, I couldn't help but tune into my super hearing, which sounded like a cry for help.

Bianca cried for help.

I tried to shake it off, just taking it as a random distant noise from the party right next door, but the more I listened, the more I heard puking noises?

I grew with worry, as I quickly washed my hands and headed outside to check out what was happening, when I spotted Bianca half dead.

She was nearly hanging onto a pole by a thread, as I caught her before she hit the hard sidewalk.

The poor girl was passed out at this point, puke all over her party outfit, and her hair was a wreck.

I picked her up, bringing her to a more comfortable place which was my dorm room that I sometimes stayed in with Luna on our sleepovers.

It was the perfect place, regarding the fact that the bed was fresh and made, it was far away from the noisy music and party down in the main room, and the air was warm and cozy. She wouldn't freeze her skin blue from the cold Indiana winter temperatures, instead I cleaned up her dress, and tucked her into bed.

She must've slept like a baby, peaceful and unbothered, as she woke up bright and early, and also conscious.

I woke up to her wandering around the room, deeply confused, which I found amusing as I got up to greet her and fill her in on the mess she was in last night.

"What the hell happened?" She groaned, rubbing her eyes fully opened. I noticed she had just taken a shower by the faint scent of peach lingering off her delicate skin, her fresh change of clean clothes, and her damp brown hair in a messy bun.

"You were actually like passed out on the sidewalk where I found you. Nearly took a hip for the team." I joke, unable to control myself.

She rolls her eyes at me, before groaning at last night events flowing back to her.

"Shut up. All I remember is leaving the noisy ass party from a splitting headache, a nausea stomach, and the urge of crying." She complains.

My eyes widen. "It wasn't the food, was it?"

She shakes her head rapidly. "Of course not, it was that hell of a guy, Jackson." Bianca scowls.

"Jeez, of course it was Jackson. Men are so problematic." I say, shaking my head.

Bianca narrows her eyes at me, getting a chuckle out my comment. "You're literally a man."

"I'm a spicy man. You see, I'm GAY." I snap back.

Bianca rests her head in her hands. "Whatever, so why are you so crazy over this Jackson guy?" I ask curiously.

"Basically while you and Luna were in the void, I was kidnapped by him, shot by him, and then I continued to let myself fall in love with him because god I couldn't tell you why." She explains to me, taking a seat on her bed.

"He took me to a mental hospital because he snooped through my records, orders from Crystal." Bianca adds.

"And from there, he diagnosed me with bipolar disorder, and he gave me two sets of pills, one actually helping me with the disorder, and the other called Zikotryan which slowly sucks the witch genes out of me each time I take a doze." Her voice monotone.

I couldn't believe the tea being spilled for me. My eyes widen as the list goes on and on.

"Then he proceeded to inject a sleeping spell into my blood, and left me nothing but a note explaining everything and running away feeling sorry for himself."

"Five month later, during Christmas, he finally visits me and convinces me to run away with him, as a way to escape Crystal and her minions, and when I declined he gave me this." Bianca pulls out a gold compass from the pocket that was currently pointing to East.

I stare at it, my eyes wondering all about the object placed in her hands. "Why a compass?" I ask.

"Because he told me that wherever this compass points to, it's where he is. So if it's pointing East like it is right now, then he's currently somewhere East of the world."

I frown. "That's kinda romantic."

She sighs, putting the compass back in her pocket. "Yeah. It is. And if could've been even more romantic if I had actually gone with him."

"Dang," was all I could say.

I was usually good at giving advice, but when it came to Bianca and her one rollercoaster of problems, I just couldn't compete.

"Welcome to my life." She adds.

She must be feeling like wanting to roll up into a ball of blanket and never come out. Which I wouldn't blame her for doing. Out of all of the things in the world, that one action might be the cure for cancer.

"So..what you're telling me is that you're in love with a psychopath?"

Bianca bursts out into laughter, which I was happy to see. She needed more of that.

She desperately nodded her hand, sitting back up to face me.

"You're lovesick as well? I mean you're missing the love of your life right now who could be anywhere in the world, all we know is that he's East of that." I add.

Bianca nods again.

"Do you have any idea where he could be? Something is better than nothing." I ask.

She thinks for a second, searching deep in her brain for the careless answer. "Before he left, he said he was thinking about driving to his hometown. But I was too stupid to ask where that was." She frowns.

"Phone number? Email?"

Bianca pierces her lips at me, in a mocking tone. "Eli, I was in a mental hospital half the time I knew the guy. Do you really think I was allowed to have my phone on me?" She questions me.

I put my hands up in surrender. "Damn, alright."

Suddenly, she stands up, looking at me in the face, eye to eye. "Why do you ask anyway."

A smile appears on my face as she just answers the idea in my mind.

"What do you say about driving to him?"